Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
jpm2953

Preliminary match screw up post

I haven't screwed up yet but I'm shooting my first match with my carry optics gun tomorrow. maybe have 50 rounds through the gun.....this should be interesting. last minute decision.

Note: this is not my first match.....just first one shooting carry optics.

I'll update tomorrow afternoon......

first screw up: thinking you're going to screw up and accepting it as fact before it's even happened.

1 minute ago, redpillregret said:

If you go into a match thinking you’ll screw up, you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, rowdyb said:

first screw up: thinking you're going to screw up and accepting it as fact before it's even happened.

I guess I should have put a disclaimer on this as semi sarcasm. I have been dryfiring it a lot. I'm confident I'll be fine.  mainly just want to talk about carry optics!

Just now, jpm2953 said:

I mainly just want to talk about carry optics!

Do you shoot dots already? As in Open? If not, do yourself a favor and dry fire for an hour or so tonight and focus on just finding the dot.

3 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Do you shoot dots already? As in Open? If not, do yourself a favor and dry fire for an hour or so tonight and focus on just finding the dot.

no. I have been shooting single stack. I'm gonna take it to an indoor range today and put a couple hundred through it and then dryfire tonight and early in the morning.

Practice finding the dot, then, when you shoot the match, throw out all expectations about winning and just shoot. 

On 2/22/2019 at 9:31 AM, GrumpyOne said:

Practice finding the dot, then, when you shoot the match, throw out all expectations about winning screwing up and just shoot. 

FIFY

Alright, update. Went better than I thought. I came in 20th out of 75ish overall. 4th out of 8 in CO. 

Managed to shoot a 84.96% on 18-08. 

Went way too slow. Just didn’t trust the dot. Should have been about 12-15 seconds faster. Loads of fun. After Battle in the Bluegrass, I’ll probably switch to CO for a while. 

Congrats on the match....im sure the more comfortable you get with the dot you will be hosing in no time.