Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther Q5 Sprinco Trigger Kit

Single Stack

No change in trigger travel anywhere or any way.

Drops effort to 3.2-3.6 pounds in most guns.

No change in ability to detonate primers - striker spring is stock.

If you miss cleanly depressing the trigger safety you’re more likely to try to pull a trigger that won’t function.

Never happens with a stock gun, happens rarely with Apex flat trigger and sprinco kit both installed and is pretty amusing to your squadmates. Usually when they’re doing something weird like shooting weakhand around a wall on a hard lean.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

The non functioning trigger is a concern.  Not sure that it is worth cutting a couple of pounds on the trigger pull and risking a dead trigger on a poor grip.

Just curious if you are only running the stock trigger.  

Assuming you have done some polishing as well.

12 hours ago, Single Stack said:

The non functioning trigger is a concern.  Not sure that it is worth cutting a couple of pounds on the trigger pull and risking a dead trigger on a poor grip.

Just curious if you are only running the stock trigger.  

Assuming you have done some polishing as well.

I had the issue with the spring kit and not being able to fully depress the trigger safety, decided to stay with the stock springs and have never had an issue. It does reduce the poundage of the trigger but at the fast pace that you will run the gun you are never going to notice the 1-2# difference. 

Haven't had any issues with mine, although only about 500 rounds through it.  I usually use Federal primers, but I did test a few CCI's.  Can't say how it would do on a steady diet of CCI's.  Reduced trigger pull from 5lb 1oz to 3lb 3oz.  Factory trigger was so nice that the change didn't seem like it was that much.  The "feel" of the trigger didn't change for me.

In the latest USPSA magazine in the steel frame Q5 article there is mention of Walther making available aftermarket disconnector springs that will change pre-travel, reset and pull weight and are compatible with the polymer frame models as well.  Be curious to see what they come out with.

Part of the fun in this game is tinkering with your gear (and still maintaining reliability).  Goal being a 3.5lb trigger (do able in most other polyframes i.e. SIG, Glock with drop in trigger kits) without any downsides to mechanical performance (dead trigger).

I actually just put the stock trigger spring back in mine because I was getting some trigger safety hangups with the 3.5 pound pull and the Apex trigger.  I left the lighter striker block spring in place and the pull weight is 4.5lbs, which is around the pull weight of most of my other pistols so I will probably just leave it.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree.

Trigger springs came out of mine to prevent triggersafeties causing a dead trigger with a poor grip.

Firing pin block spring lightened, apex trigger, polish rhe mechanism up. This gun doesn’t need more than that - my Production gun is all stock and I shoot it as well as the C.O. one, and my girls, which both have Apex triggers in them.

Edited by MemphisMechanic