CTS vs Bull Shadow

js9088

The CTS LS-B is a standard CZ 75 frame with a Tactical Sports top end:

91713_2_.jpg

The CTS is a Tactical Sports with a shortened dust cover:

91058_cts_40__1102logo.jpg

The Bull Shadow is a standard CZ 75 frame with a CZC made bull-barrel upper:

75_bull_shadow__dsc4958alogo.jpg

The Bull upper was designed from the ground up with slight changes to the profile, sight cuts, and recoil system.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Yeah, like a TS slide they are wider/fuller in dustcover, so they recommend that you file the inside of your CZ75/SP01 dustcover to fit.  I have a TS slide that I bought off of someone, but it was custom-milled by them on the dustcover to fit in standard CZ75/SP01 frames so I use it as a 'longslide' SP01 Shadow.  Don't know which of the above they do for the CTS LB, but if I had to guess I'd say the former.

If the Bull Shadow slide were available pre-milled to fit on regular SP01 frames, I'd definitely be interested.

Edited by MoRivera

On 2/22/2019 at 2:05 PM, himurax13 said:

Your specific slide was setup for a LS-B configuration.

Oddly enough, so is the IPSC standard.

default_wink.png.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Man, of only the Bull Shadow's slide came that way.  As I recall, the barrel lugs also needed a little milling to function properly in a 75/SP01 frame.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:40 AM, rowdyb said:

complete Bull Shadow uppers are on the CZC website and a link the little bit of milling one needs to do to fit them. very interested in trying one in a shadow 2 frame....

Here is my above-mentioned TS slide on a Shadow 2 frame.....

IMG_1567.jpg

It seemed to function fine dry-cycling, didn't fire it.  Only thing is the rear contours of the slide end didn't quite match up with the Shadow 2's, but it didn't seem to have any effect on the rails or the hammer-pin position.

Edited by MoRivera

CTS. is an awesome gun, you wouldn't think A little shorter dust cover would make a difference, it's faster and more balanced than TS, of course it's a great trigger and slimmed down profile compared to the TS.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tiny bit longer on the CTS I think, but probably negligible all things considered....

8420260_01_cz_custom_shop_bull_shadow_sp

cz_75_sp-01_shadow_cts_ls_9mm_91719.jpg

I assumed that the front 'tip' of a regular TS-type slide needed to be sliced off to be completely open.  Man, I'd love to get the SP01 version if it was USPSA-legal.

Edited by MoRivera