Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red Dot suggestions needed

tke37617

I have a 4.5" Volquartsen pistol on order.   Looking for Red Dot suggestions or comments on any of the following: 

Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5 MOA dot

C-More RTS2 with 8-10 MOA dot

C-More Railway with 8-10 MOA dot

Also have a Volquartsen Ultralite rifle on order.   Looking for Red Dot suggestions or comments on any of the following: 

Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5 MOA dot

C-More RTS2 with 8-10 MOA dot

C-More Railway with 8-10 MOA dot

In USPSA I shoot a Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5 MOA on my Atlas Open gun and a C-More RTS2 with 6 MOA on my Carry Optics gun so I am familiar with each.  However, Steel Challenge is new to me and not sure what approach to take. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have been seeing where several like the Leupold Delta Point Pro because of the brightness in both 2.5 and 7.5.

AzShooter, are you using the C-more on railway with 12 MOA dot on both rifle and pistol?

I wouldn't think the weight of either a C-more railway or smaller RTS2 or Leupold Delta Point Pro would matter much on rifle or pistol.  

tke

No, I'm just shooting pistol and use the Railway on my Mark IV and Mark III as well as my S&W 617.  I also had one on my 929 but sold that gun.

The railway is not too heavy.  The advantage is the dots are interchangeable and I've never had a dot fade out on me.  Only problem I've had is battery life.  I have to replace the battery once a month, just before my next match.

• 2 weeks later...

C-more.   they are on all 4 of my open guns (RFPO, RFRO, PCCO, open-CF),   they never lose their zero & never fail & the diodes last a long time.  Over 3 years currently on my RFPO @ 5x/week dryfire & 3x/week live fire + 2 matches/month ...

I'm sure the others are good as well but ....