Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge 9mm Spring recommendation

Miggz55

Wondering what weight mainspring and recoil springs folks with 9mm Edge pistols are using for best results in 3gun and USPSA shooting 135 limited power rounds?

I have a dawson edge with stainless guide rod and just added the extended striker and extra power spring. I added a 19lb mainspring and not sure what weight the current recoil spring is.

The mainspring feels a lot tighter than my DVC 3gun was, so thinking I went a bit too heavy.

Thanks for your feedback0455143d2ef1b0ae8dad54bfc2677482.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

17# mainspring. 

Get a 8, 9 and 10 pound recoil spring, take them all to the range along with your timer. Time your double taps at 10 yards. The spring that gives you the fastest, tightest groups is the spring for you, your gun and that ammo. 

Wolf springs. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a 17#and 15# to try out... the 19 seems a bit overkill, especially with the extended firing pin w/extra power spring

Ordered some recoil springs to try out too...

• 2 weeks later...

I've had some success with a 15lb mainspring and 8lb recoil spring... only a couple hundred rounds so far, so well see if that keeps up. I have the 17lb spring to try if it doesnt.

17 lbs. mainspring and a 9 lbs. recoil spring in my 9mm edge with my reloads (140ish pf). Like what was suggested earlier, get a few springs and have a friend with an iPhone film you from the side in slo-mo. See which spring returns the pistol to zero with the least amount of sight noise using your ammo, grip, stance, etc.