Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz97 Trigger in CZ 75 sp-01

Gunmutt11

What is the advantage of putting a 97 trigger in a 75 sp-01? I am planning to put a lot of cgw parts in my gun except I did not buy the actual trigger. Now thinking I should go ahead and do that too. I want a stock trigger to be able to stay in production class. Input please....

40 minutes ago, Gunmutt11 said:

What is the advantage of putting a 97 trigger in a 75 sp-01? I am planning to put a lot of cgw parts in my gun except I did not buy the actual trigger. Now thinking I should go ahead and do that too. I want a stock trigger to be able to stay in production class. Input please....

There are really no advantages to whatever trigger you decide to install.  It's all personal preference.  If you like the shape of the stock trigger, keep that.  If you like the straighter shape of a 97 or one of the 85c triggers, then install that.  Otherwise, any of the trigger offerings should be legal for production division other than making your gun SAO.

40 minutes ago, jinn707 said:

There are really no advantages to whatever trigger you decide to install.  It's all personal preference.  If you like the shape of the stock trigger, keep that.  If you like the straighter shape of a 97 or one of the 85c triggers, then install that.  Otherwise, any of the trigger offerings should be legal for production division other than making your gun SAO.

Does anyone have a picture of the triggers side by side?

It depends on your preference. I personally prefer the feel of the Old 85c profile (same as the CZ97B profile but w/ over-travle set screw). The old 85c is a bit flatter across its face. It is also a shallower overall curve from top to bottem.

Here are some comparison pics.

AoKKoqp.jpg

Top: New 85c, Middle: Old 85c, Bottom: Black recurve.

vpnyzL4.jpg

Top: New 85c, Middle: Old 85c, Bottom: Black recurve.

tGfN5n9.jpg