Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
quliming

Are there any 200GR Jacketed RN bullets

I am having feeding issue with my 45ACP.

Gun has AET barrel, so only jacketed bullets will not key hole. Went to Montana gold.

First I tried 230gr FMJ round nose, it had no problem. I liked the recoil impulse of 200gr, so tried 200gr JFP but am having nose dive problems. I think it's due to the bullet profile with a flat point, it hits the bump on the feedramp. I can see a very slight cut near the tip of the bullets when it dives. 

How should I resolve this FTF problem?

I think I can load it slightly longer so the flat point hit right above the bump on the feed ramp.

Easier way would be to find a jacketed round nose 200gr bullets, but I looked everything, it seems like non existent. Why does nobody make 200gr jacketed round nose bullets?

Would 185gr have slightly narrower tip than 200gr?

You didn't mention what your OALis on the 200 gr loads.

Also,  smoothing out the "bump" on the feed ramp might help. 

I load 200 gr SWC bullets with no problem. As long as the ramp is smooth, and the OAL is good, you shouldn't have problems.

Magazines play a big part in feeding. Try a different mag, also load to the correct length. Try plated bullets. 45's have low velocity.

Edited by tires2burn