Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Triggertech users

4 minutes ago, optimator said:

Thanks man. I have one in my 3 gun rifle, but I actually prefer my SSA-E for 3 gun. I just built a PCC and wanted to get some feedback before I swapped triggers around. 

No problem. My first PCC had the standard fire control parts and it was kind of rough. I got the TT as a recommendation from Beven Grams. Both my PCCs are blowback. I put it in the first one and dialed way down and had occasional doubling so I dialed it back to just under 3#. I did the same on my other carbine and have reduced it a bit as I am running a comp'ed barrel that allows for a slightly lighter trigger. Beven has actually re-sprung and milled some mass of the innards and has gotten them very light. I don't remember the exact value but it was light. I am pretty sure that was on a gas gun and likely a .556. Set and forget so far.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Polaris13 said:

Spectacular trigger.  Have 2 of them

Which model(s) ?  The Combat AR, Competitive AR, or Adaptable AR? 

I just purchased one of their Adaptable triggers.  Always good to get hand on reviews. 

• 5 months later...
On 3/1/2019 at 10:40 AM, Tampa-XD45 said:

Which model(s) ?  The Combat AR, Competitive AR, or Adaptable AR? 

I just purchased one of their Adaptable triggers.  Always good to get hand on reviews. 

Now that you've had your TriggerTech trigger for a while...  How do you like it?  Still using it?

Did you install it in a PCC or in a rifle?

16 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Now that you've had your TriggerTech trigger for a while...  How do you like it?  Still using it?

Did you install it in a PCC or in a rifle?

I had it in a 300 BLK lower, and swapped it to a AR9 lower for PCC testing.  Technically it's a 2 stage trigger, but when you shoot USPSA matches, you pull the trigger so quickly that you're using it as a single stage trigger.  It's adjustable from 2.5 to 5 lbs.  The AR9 would double fire with the trigger set at 2.5 lbs so I bumped it up to 3 pounds and I've had no further problems with it.

• 1 month later...

I also switched to a triggertech adaptable recently and really love it so far. Run it at its almost lowest setting and due to the very light first stage (even if its not a true 2stage trigger, it kinda feels like one) the braking point still feels very solid and I haven't had any ND or bumpfire so far.

What I really love about the trigger, is that it seems to keep a very consistent level of pressure necessary to set it off, which even on other high end triggers seems to vary quite a bit depending on lubrication, dirt and use and the break is very predictable. So I'm very comfortable to put pressure on the trigger early and break the shot just the moment the sight picture dictates it.

What I also found interesting (especially for PCC) is that it seems to require less bolt travel to cock it (with a pulled trigger) than any other trigger I tested so far. So thats definatly interesting for the short stroke guys I guess.

• 10 months later...
5 minutes ago, Speedshoot3r said:

Anybody knows where I can buy Triggertech trigger for AR9? And what model fits with PCC platform? Thanks

TriggerTech is currently designing their AR9 trigger. I note in some of the pictures the hammer design is a little different than their normal AR Triggers. At least it seemed different. They have not released this trigger yet. I have read where some have installed the AA Diamond trigger in their PCCs. This was with mixed results from my research. Some didn’t like it, some experienced full auto when they installed it at the lower pull weights. I have a Diamond currently in my JP with a pull weight just shy of 2ibs and it seems to be running fine. So far I have the Diamond in both my AR and PCC and love them both. Time will tell if I have issues. I have only ran about 200 rounds through the PCC and 500-600 rounds through the AR.  I have experienced zero malfunctions or auto fire in the PCC. 

I did email TriggerTech about running the Diamond in my PCC and if there was an issue.  They explained what I did above about the auto fire when set extremely low on the pull weight. Other than that they didn’t seem to have any concern running them in PCCs.