Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34/G35 Competition Holster for Frame Weight or Light

rootacres

Black hawk omnivore is easy way to play around with a light. Push button retention holds well but can slow you down if you do not practice a little. Have considered adding a piece of stainless wire to lock out the retention. It is a well made holster that does the job and is compatible with lots of pistols and optics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've run the SJC frame weight with and without the thumb rest in a Red Eye Tactical holster built for each. I've since moved away from the thumb rest and one reason for that was I struggled to meet the USPSA holster requirements for distance from grip to belt.  I started with my G34/35 and later moved to my current G24 - due to the open bottom design the holster will work with various barrel lengths.

The holsters do fit the frame weight well with standard tension screws but I would not recommend for 2gun/3gun due to insufficient retention.  I would like to see the kydex be thicker, more sturdy if you will - more like a double layer.  But shy of having a custom item molded I would recommend.

I second the CR Speed holster, the modification was easy to do with a sanding wheel and fit/function was tight.

PS - both SJC and Red Eye have newer/updated designs.  Important to note that current generation frame weights will not work with older generation holsters.  Would recommend clarifing with SJC/Red Eye if you go to purchase.

Edited by Bfrisk72
additional comments

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

As I said in another thread  my friend who does kydex makes holsters for the toni frame weights  with or without the thumbrests,  the ghost can also be made to fit and works well

P1010052.JPG

Edited by Sinister4