Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What CZ TSO 3 gun holster? Best place for mags?

minnesota1

What holster would you use for 3 gun with the CZ TSO?  9mm.  What about if you use the kick stand on it?  Is there a different holster for that?  Where's the best/most economical priced 20 rd mags?

Thanks!!

Edited by minnesota1

Check with Steadman Holsters for TSO holsters that can accommodate thumbrest and also dot mount. He did mine with a thumb screw so I can easily crank it real tight for 3 gun match or back it off for steel challenge, uspsa, etc. 

TS holsters are always right around $50. Orange base plate units are more. 

The last time I checked, Red Hill Tactical was about the only place to go for an active retention holster specifically made for the TSO. The Safariland GLS models will also mostly work, but will require some judicious Dremel-ing to fit without hitting the mag release on a draw. Neither will accommodate the thumb rest, though RHT can build you a holster without active retention that will fit the thumb rest. I'm still working on it, but I've almost figured out how to hack up a Safariland holster to work with a frame-mounted optic, so you might be able to make that work with the thumb rest as well if you put some work into it.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no "off-brand" options for mags like the Mec-Gars that work so well in the standard CZ-75 guns. They're going to run $50 a pop pretty much wherever - about the only way to find a discount is to catch them in stock at Midway or Brownells (which is more difficult than it sounds like) while they're doing a site-wide discount promo. Greg Cote, LLC is another good source - they're pretty much never discounted there, but almost always in stock.

Edited by Steve133

I’m using an RHT holster for my TSO. It accommodates the stock thumb rest and a CZ Custom multi optic with a red dot on it. It also has a couple of thumb screws so I can tighten them down for 3gun competition.

Here are a couple of pictures.
E1971-CA3-F455-48-CC-A6-F3-E08-B095-C478-A.jpg

084-F919-C-B38-B-436-E-9-C4-C-C9-DD5-DAAFBC6.jpg

Is that a Red Hills holster?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use a DAA Race Master, works great for 3gun and IPSC/USPSA.

Can anyone recommend good options for adding capacity to the CZ factory 20round 9mm mags?  Spring, follower, base pad, preferably from one place.

On 2/22/2019 at 11:56 AM, adamge said:

I use a DAA Race Master, works great for 3gun and IPSC/USPSA.

Can anyone recommend good options for adding capacity to the CZ factory 20round 9mm mags?  Spring, follower, base pad, preferably from one place.

i use a DAA AlphaX, i shoot a TSO and Czechmate, both in 9mm so same mags.  holster works great so long as you remember to lock it.  and remember to unlock it as part of your draw... that really doesnt help when you try to rip your belt off.

the CZC base pads are by far my favorite, toolless takedown and nice lockup system.  i use the arredondo mag brush to pop the pads off.

i sent my big sticks to Bevin Grams not to tune but to fix as he says, i was having nose dive problems on big sticks and that's all fixed now, but they require his followers and springs.  the feed lips are altered enough where he says even his non-'fixed' follower wont even make it to the top.

my 140mm sticks are now showing nose dive problems with JHP rounds so i'll probably send them to him as well, but they didnt have any issues with RN  projectiles or in 20rd form.

17 hours ago, DavidSeavey said:

i use a DAA AlphaX, i shoot a TSO and Czechmate, both in 9mm so same mags.  holster works great so long as you remember to lock it.  and remember to unlock it as part of your draw... that really doesnt help when you try to rip your belt off.

the CZC base pads are by far my favorite, toolless takedown and nice lockup system.  i use the arredondo mag brush to pop the pads off.

i sent my big sticks to Bevin Grams not to tune but to fix as he says, i was having nose dive problems on big sticks and that's all fixed now, but they require his followers and springs.  the feed lips are altered enough where he says even his non-'fixed' follower wont even make it to the top.

my 140mm sticks are now showing nose dive problems with JHP rounds so i'll probably send them to him as well, but they didnt have any issues with RN  projectiles or in 20rd form.

Thanks for the info.  How many rounds will the 20 round factory 9mm mags hold with only changing to CZC base pads?

I ended up with a Long's Shadow holster for my TSO, local company to me.  I am very happy with how they implemented the thumb rest spacing.  Holster still covers well but comes straight out with no hangups on the draw.

20190226_142754.jpg

20190226_142838.jpg

20190226_142814.jpg

Edited by inertia

4 hours ago, adamge said:

Thanks for the info.  How many rounds will the 20 round factory 9mm mags hold with only changing to CZC base pads?

i just swapped stock guts into a 140 and was able to get 23 reloadable, same as czc or grams guts, cant speak to reliability that way but it stripped the top couple rounds easily enough.

18 hours ago, inertia said:

CZC basepad, follower and spring can get 24, your pushing it but they fit and will run once broken in

18 hours ago, DavidSeavey said:

i just swapped stock guts into a 140 and was able to get 23 reloadable, same as czc or grams guts, cant speak to reliability that way but it stripped the top couple rounds easily enough.

Thanks, that's very helpful.