Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue bullets or SNS cast with sport pistol

sleepdoc

I just ordered an Atlas titan and while I wait I am going to gather components. I will likely order sport pistol and fed 100M primers. Would you go with blue bullets or sns cast and either 180 or 200gr for 40sw? 
I use ibejiheads. tried many different bullets but I wanted something that specifically worked with titegroup without the excessive smoking. ibejiheads coating achieved this for me. 180gr is the best weight in my opinion as the sight returns to zero very quickly in major pf

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Having tried a fair amount of coated projectiles, both are among the better options for the price.  Of the more affordable ones, I got the best results from Blues, ACME's, and SNS. 

ACME had a tendency to get the wrong bullets mixed in with what I had ordered and the coating didn't seem quite as good, so I moved away from them.  They did shoot great though, and are among the best price-wise.

SNS always seems to have a good consistent coating and have shot accurately and fed well for me.  Price is in line with Blues and a hair higher than ACME.

Blues smoke less than the Hi Tech coating options.  They are also accurate and I run into less problems loading them since they are not oversized.  To me, good pricing, less smoke, and easier loading with plenty of accuracy is enough to make them the best option for the action sports.

Add me to the list in favor of a 180gr Blue Bullet with Sport Pistol.  
I used up my Federal Primers and switched to Winchester SP.   The SD remained in the single digits and Winchesters are usually easy to find.

for what it's worth - I use Remington 1 1/2 primers for 9mm minor loads.  They achieve single digit SD and though I did have to adjust the charge. Down actually - seems Rem primers burn a little hotter.    These primers have warnings about using them in 40S&W loads which is why I went with Winchester.

I’m running 180gn blue bullets in my titan. Using a “heavy” 4.3gn of titegroup. Oal is 1.65 - shorter then “recommended” but I haven’t had any issues with feeding. I have a cz 75 tso that I’ve been running the same specs on for 15k+ using ibejiheads and blue bullets in. I prefer the blue’s to the ibejiheads. The last batch of ibejiheads I got had little to no coating in at all. 

I use the blue bullets 180gr in a Cz TSO and I get really good accuracy with them. I’ve tried the 200’s as well and although they were just as accurate I liked the feel of the 180’s better. If you guys want a little better price you can use code (Moser) for a 5% off discount. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lightfoot said:

Has anyone tried Brazos Bullets?  We’ve had great feedback so far and the cost is lower.  

Just just ordered some will see how they run

On 4/22/2019 at 2:30 PM, Lightfoot said:

Has anyone tried Brazos Bullets?  We’ve had great feedback so far and the cost is lower.  

Haven't loaded the ones I got yet, but I plan to test them in my Edge using my Ransom Rest and Sport Pistol powder and do a battery of test. I'm more interested in accuracy at 1.180 and  PF between 169-172. I do have excellent minor load using Tightgroup and loaded to 1.135. 

Blue Bullets!!! I must be the only one running 200G anymore!! 200G was awesome in the G35. I switched over to 2011's and kept the same bullet weight but increased the OAL and upped the powder .1 to make the same PF. Might have to try the 180's again. 🤔

12 hours ago, T-Free said:

Blue Bullets!!! I must be the only one running 200G anymore!! 200G was awesome in the G35. I switched over to 2011's and kept the same bullet weight but increased the OAL and upped the powder .1 to make the same PF. Might have to try the 180's again. 🤔

You're not alone, I use them as well ;)  Used them for two seasons, decided to try 180's for a while after adding a steel grip to my 2011, then went right back to 200's.  I prefer the recoil impulse, and their profile feeds smoother so I'm more confident that I won't have ammo-related malfunctions.

I just got a starter load for my CZ TSO, with a 180gr Blue Bullet at 1.140 and minimal charge of  Sport Pistol.  It was averaging 966 FPS at 60* and the chrono at 15’ for a 173PF. Nice shooting and seems clean but it was pretty windy so hard to tell if there was much smoke. 

Large batch and accuracy testing to follow. 

On 3/31/2019 at 8:49 AM, Water63 said:

I like the Blue 180's also. They will load with about any powder with awesome results

Mine as well. I run Clay's mostly but they also work great with Maxxam CSP1.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had an accuracy problems at all with the blues being sized at .400?

You can order the all of the blue 9mm bullets with a special order profile of .356, but it seems that they don't do that (.401) for their 40 cal bullets.

I'm new to 40 and was wondering about that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk