Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone make a smaller Shadow 2 Mag Button face?

JesseM

I know this sounds like a weird complaint for most but I'm a righty and I have small-ish hands and I've always had difficulty using my thumb to release magazines so I've gotten into the habit of reversing the magazine release button on any gun that will let me and using my trigger finger to press the mag button... has the bonus of the added safety of knowing I can't possibly have my trigger finger on the trigger while changing mags but that's besides the point.

Anyway even though it's not advertised as such you can actually reverse the magazine release on most CZ guns and it was one of the first thing I did to my Shadow 2. With how I use the gun the extra extended face of the mag release now pokes me enough to be annoying so I'm wondering if anyone makes replacement faces I can put on the gun so it's actually smaller.

1 minute ago, slavex said:

also consider a regular mag catch out of a Shadow 

I have no idea why I didn't even think of that... that's even easier, I'm an idiot. This is a case of not being able to see the forest from the trees.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:07 PM, JesseM said:

I have no idea why I didn't even think of that... that's even easier, I'm an idiot. This is a case of not being able to see the forest from the trees.

happens to the best of us lol, I know I've done similar many many times

I use a regular  CZ75 “D” style I got from cz custom in my shadow 2 and it works fine. I had the same issue as you. No issues anymore. 

The problem with just removing the button on the stock mag release is that anti rotation pin that sticks out. Could file it down, which I did, but it looked like s#!t.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, P226X5fan said:

I use a regular  CZ75 “D” style I got from cz custom in my shadow 2 and it works fine. I had the same issue as you. No issues anymore. 

The problem with just removing the button on the stock mag release is that anti rotation pin that sticks out. Could file it down, which I did, but it looked like s#!t.

You can use a pair of pliers to pull out the roll pin. It’s not hard to remove once you squeeze and then pull it up and out.