Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sps Open Gun

randy01

I want to give open a try and was thinking about getting a SPS. Becouse it is based on the 2011 concept parts are easy to come by and becouse it is buitl in the EU I don't have to considder the long waiting periods there are over here for a SVI.

You might also want to check out the CZ open guns built on the Tactical Sport frame. I saw several at WSXIV and they looked and felt pretty good. Might be harder to get parts for than an SPS.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Randy,

There's no going wrong with any of the ST/SV/SP 2011 frames.

From my POV, SPS is great. You should also consider other EU brands, like as someone mentioned, CZ. THey have to most amazing competition guns, like the CZ 75 Tactical sports(Called Standard IPSC-former model), and the famed Champion(just throw a mount on it and you're done). I have a couple of friends owning them, and they're awesome. Real fun to shoot.

What about Tanfoglio? or Sphinx? These are also CZ based but have their own niche. Peter Stahl? I could go on :)

I want to give open a try and was thinking about getting a SPS. Becouse it is based on the 2011 concept parts are easy to come by and becouse it is buitl in the EU I don't have to considder the long waiting periods there are over here for a SVI.

I have mine sps frame and slide (.40 cal). The rest assorted match parts. By the way sps is becoming popular here in Philippines in fact one of the RP team members in modified division won champion in recently WS Ecuador using SPS.

Also, customer service is very good! They just replaced my magazine tube and grip.

Edited by achard

Dan: think about it, see yourself in 2008 surrounded with all those gorgeous Balinese girls giving you a nice back rub while you sip a cold beer.... ahhh!! paradise!

then oliver, richard and i will be the ones pestering you to build us one of your masterpieces! hahaha!

Dan: think about it, see yourself in 2008 surrounded with all those gorgeous Balinese girls giving you a nice back rub while you sip a cold beer.... ahhh!! paradise!

then oliver, richard and i will be the ones pestering you to build us one of your masterpieces! hahaha!

Hope there's a bikini contest and we'll be the judges woohoo! :wub:

i asked my gunsmith if they can cut the built in magwell bec. i wanted to use an aluminum well. the original polymer grip gets beat up really fast from repeated magazine insertion.

anybody knows if the sti grip will interchange and properly fit an sps frame?

I'm also opto that option Doc. Mine is already beaten up. :(