Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rts2 feedback/ issues?

CKH

39 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

I get energizer or duracell from amazon but in retail packaging. Seems like the panasonic or other no name brands in the blister packs typically have hit or miss voltages  

True that. Energizer  lithium are my favorite 

13 hours ago, Chillywig said:

Curious if you test the voltage before putting a new battery in? Is the sight killing the battery or is the battery DOA on arrival?

On every battery.  I use Energizers.  If the new voltage is lower then 3.27v I don't use it.  The worst of my RTS2s drops to 2.8V after one Steel Challenge match (8 stages) IF I turn it down between stages.  The best of them will go to 2.8 after the match, but recover over time to just under 3.  It won't last a second match, so I just discard it.  All of mine are 6 MOA.

Edited by zzt

11 minutes ago, zzt said:

On every battery.  I use Energizers.  If the new voltage is lower then 3.27v I don't use it.  The worst of my RTS2s drops to 2.8V after one Steel Challenge match (8 stages) IF I turn it down between stages.  The best of them will go to 2.8 after the match, but recover over time to just under 3.  It won't last a second match, so I just discard it.  All of mine are 6 MOA.

Whoa that's nuts, but a good sample size for a good data point.  Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, zzt said:

Your sights need to go back to Cmore because that’s unacceptable

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Your sights need to go back to Cmore because that’s unacceptable

I talked to Cmore twice about the issue.  They were non-committal.  The second time the guy hemmed and hawed some.  Near the end of the conversation I gathered there was really nothing they could do about it, so I dropped it.  I will send one of them back, because the gun it is on is going in for finishing.  That will take 3 weeks.

I spoke to a custom gun maker in CA about a rib/comp combo for my Marvel Unit One.  He makes them for RTS2s.  I asked if he could do one for another dot and he said yes, if I send him the dot and wait a couple months.  He asked why I did not like the RTS2.  I told him.  He thinks it's because it is a 6 MOA dot and I run at max brightness to see the dot on white steel in sunlight.  He sells RTS2s that he has Cmore laser drill out for 12 and 15 MOA dots.  He says you don't need them as bright because they are big and easy to pick up.  If I hadn't already switched to DPP 2.5s for my Steel guns, I might have tried it.