Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rts2 feedback/ issues?

CKH

No.  The V4 (current version) is pretty stable now.  And my 3 are working fine.🙂

Don't forget to mention that all of the "microdot" sights take a lot of abuse, the way we use them. What's appealing about them is that they're micro and sit lower to the bore axis. 

Everybody has their favorites and their stories, so use any of the main brands that suit you.  

Edited by teros135

4 hours ago, teros135 said:

No.  The V4 (current version) is pretty stable now.  And my 3 are working fine.🙂

Don't forget to mention that all of the "microdot" sights take a lot of abuse, the way we use them. What's appealing about them is that they're micro and sit lower to the bore axis. 

Everybody has their favorites and their stories, so use any of the main brands that suit you.  

Thank you for sharing, can I assume it's gonna be a V4 if I order directly from the cmore online store? What do you think of the battery life?

Any tips/tricks for better durability?

Edited by CKH

3 hours ago, 36873687 said:

Have 3 rts2 v4 not one issue.but older version an any micro dot will fail or be sent in eventually unless your Extremely lucky 

Thank you for sharing, can I assume it's gonna be a V4 if I order directly from the cmore online store?

Any specific likes/dislikes from your experience with it? E.g. stability, battery life 

Edited by CKH

15 minutes ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

I'm going to a larger window, nothing against the rts2. Not a huge fan of the battery life, but it's just personal preference for me. 

Thank you for sharing! Have you run into any major issues other than the battery life? How long does it usually last for?

How about the Romeo 3? I have been debating between these 2.

40 minutes ago, CKH said:

Thank you for sharing, can I assume it's gonna be a V4 if I order directly from the cmore online store? What do you think of the battery life?

Any tips/tricks for better durability?

Shoot of be V4’s only by now almost everywhere. Shooters Connection only has V4’s and much cheaper than Cmore store and then you get a forum discount to sweeten the deal even more

4 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Shoot of be V4’s only by now almost everywhere. Shooters Connection only has V4’s and much cheaper than Cmore store and then you get a forum discount to sweeten the deal even more

Thank you so much! Would you mind to tell me more about the forum discount? Do you know if they ship overseas and if the warranty is the same? I'm usually the unlucky ones so hoping to get prepared for future problems.

Much appreciated

1 hour ago, CKH said:

Thank you for sharing, can I assume it's gonna be a V4 if I order directly from the cmore online store?

Any specific likes/dislikes from your experience with it? E.g. stability, battery life 

I love it don’t dislike anything really. Battery life is great. U do need to clean with alcohol the module. It gets pretty dirty an that’s why most say battery life sucks

2 hours ago, 36873687 said:

I love it don’t dislike anything really. Battery life is great. U do need to clean with alcohol the module. It gets pretty dirty an that’s why most say battery life sucks

Thank you again! How many hours approximately does it last for?

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

If you go to the website and email them and say you are BE forum member they will set you up for discounts. While you are at it ask if they ship to you

Great advice, thank you so much!

I am selling mine, its a v4. From brand new till about 2500 rds my battery went low enough I couldn't see it very well. I don't have the best vision so I'm sure this all plays into why I like a larger window and the option for a circle with dot.

I'm selling my infinity mount as well if you need a mount

3 hours ago, CKH said:

Thank you again! How many hours approximately does it last for?

One match on all three of mine.  I buy batteries 25 at a time on Amazon.  Worst battery life than any of my other red dots.

11 minutes ago, zzt said:

One match on all three of mine.  I buy batteries 25 at a time on Amazon.  Worst battery life than any of my other red dots.

Really!?! I must be lucky because I have two that last all season and then some

14 minutes ago, zzt said:

Curious if you test the voltage before putting a new battery in? Is the sight killing the battery or is the battery DOA on arrival?

No issues; but I think it depends on what platform you have it on; certain sights are built for resisting certain kinds of recoil. We have had some open guns here break them. They also break the LPPs.  I saw a mention of battery life; I've also heard this among our crowd with the earlier models, but not yet, with the latter.

4 hours ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

I am selling mine, its a v4. From brand new till about 2500 rds my battery went low enough I couldn't see it very well. I don't have the best vision so I'm sure this all plays into why I like a larger window and the option for a circle with dot.

I'm selling my infinity mount as well if you need a mount

Whats the MOA?

3 hours ago, Chillywig said:

Curious if you test the voltage before putting a new battery in? Is the sight killing the battery or is the battery DOA on arrival?

Which batteries do you run it with btw?

8 hours ago, CKH said:

Which batteries do you run it with btw?

I get energizer or duracell from amazon but in retail packaging. Seems like the panasonic or other no name brands in the blister packs typically have hit or miss voltages