Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best magazines?

Honeybooboo

Dumb question but new to CZs. I picked up an SP01 tactical and 75 Omega. (And probabaly a Shadow 2 soon) What are the best magazines? CZ factory? I see the mec-gar ones everywhere. I like the 18 round mags that came with the SP01 tactical but wouldn’t mind getting 16 round mags and putting TTI base pads on them. I saw nickel plated mags on the BS pro shop. What’s up with those?

Edited by Honeybooboo

They're all good.  Mec Gars are substantially less expensive.  I thought I read somewhere that Mec Gar makes CZ factory mags, or they did at one time.  Not sure on that though.  In any case, you can't really go wrong.  Personally, when possible I buy MGs.

the current mags shipping with the Shadow 2 are MecGar mags. Eventually CZ will run out of the crap original mags and do a full switch over to the MG mags. However with a regular SP01 you will need to bend the mag catch spring to stop it from being able to be depressed too far and binding up on the mags. That's because the thickness of the metal and outside dimensions is a tad bit more on the MG mags. with the Shadow 2 it's a non issue due to the improved mag catch design. 

I believe Grab A Gun has the cheapest prices on the MecGar 17rd mags at $21.39 each vs $24.95 each for BS and GC. Shipping fees may effect which is cheapest based on quantity ordered. They were also cheapest for TS/TSO mags from what I found. 

https://grabagun.com/mec-gar-usa-inc-cz7517afc-mag-cz75b-9m-17r-afc.html