Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accuracy Good but still finishing below middle of the pack!

JayBees

I am much older than you, just turned Super Senior. Didn't see what division, major/minor. Minor will hurt in Limited.

But when I first started I tried to shoot with faster better shooters. Eventually got together with a group of local guys & we try to shoot often and regularly together. They are all M/A/B with a couple of newer C shooters.

They taught me how to break down a stage efficiently & the best movement between targets. Gaming the stage is a learned art. Where and when to do your reloads, positions, shooting & moving. All will make you faster along with trigger control.

gerritm

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:03 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

You are making the new guy mistake. There’s little correlation between points and your time.

Shooting composes perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 of the time you spend on most stages

Draws. Reloads. Moving to the next position. Pushing the gun out and acquiring the sights in each position. Unloaded starts. Moving your feet between one target and the next.

All of that eats time. Do all of that stuff faster. MUCH faster. Move like your ass is on fire. Then shoot delibrately. Repeat until finished.

A lot more goes into the above once you get decent, but for novices that is the short version.

EDIT: Also understand that noshoot hits are brutal death to your placement on that stage. Avoid at all costs. They hurt more than you think.

"Move like your ass is on fire." Pure Gold! Love it!

get someone to video you as you shoot. i was trying to teach a friend of mine to speed up and he really thought he was running when in fact it was not much more than a lope. i would run from station to station with the timer and him following along. with me yelling pick up the pace.