Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
vgdvc

Shooting glasses lens color advantage?

2 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I"m  missing the consistencies  ….   what are you seeing ?

In the above there are at least four contributors  have found the Prizm lenses to be a benefit. Red or variation thereof seems to be one of the more mentioned colors. 

2 hours ago, funflyr said:

Sarge are those Oakleys?

No, Rudy Project. By far the clearest lenses I have ever used. Red makes the Dot really pop.

8 hours ago, vgdvc said:

In the above there are at least four contributors  have found the Prizm lenses to be a benefit. Red or variation thereof seems to be one of the more mentioned colors. 

I also use my polarized Oakley daily prism sunglasses when shooting with a red dot. Compared to the amber or gray lens of my SI Ballistic M frame, the red dot pops out more on the daily prism lenses. Having it polarized makes a whole lot of difference too.

1 hour ago, George16 said:

I also use my polarized Oakley daily prism sunglasses when shooting with a red dot. Compared to the amber or gray lens of my SI Ballistic M frame, the red dot pops out more on the daily prism lenses. Having it polarized makes a whole lot of difference too.

Nice,thanks.

18 hours ago, Sarge said:

No, Rudy Project. By far the clearest lenses I have ever used. Red makes the Dot really pop.

Thanks Sarge

On 2/17/2019 at 10:02 AM, Bravo_Victor said:

Ive been using the rose colored Oakley Prizm lenses that supposed to give better color contrast. Works well for me.

+1. Using prizm lenses made a world of difference for me.

I shoot Steel Challenge almost exclusively these days.  Open guns, white targets against earth/dirt backgrounds.  Any recommendations for this situation?

1 hour ago, rooster mcbee said:

I shoot Steel Challenge almost exclusively these days.  Open guns, white targets against earth/dirt backgrounds.  Any recommendations for this situation?

Try the Oakley prism TR45 lens for low light or TR22 for medium light. They’ll enhance the target and red set against the dirt background.

Oakley

2 minutes ago, snipaz2420 said:

What frames is everyone running with the Prizm lenses? I like having thin frames under my ear pro

If you wear external earpro, the thinner Tombstone frames miht help. 

5 minutes ago, snipaz2420 said:

What frames is everyone running with the Prizm lenses? I like having thin frames under my ear pro

I run the Speed Jacket frames under my muffs without issue.  They have thin ear stems as well.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, snipaz2420 said:

Good Question.     I'm on the fence about this set which includes the new 3.0 frame which is supposed to have thinner temples for better hearing protection and comfort.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1093486133759/oakley-si-ballistic-m-frame-30-shooting-glasses

Edited by jrdoran

Thank you guys! Right now I'm running ESS Crossbow Suppressors but those Prizm lenses look nice. Jrdoran those are super similar to what I have now so I think that would be the way I would go

I have those Ballistic M Frame glasses with the TR22 and TR45 lenses. It also comes with a set of clear lens. I’ve had it for a while now and all I do is go to Oakley’s website and buy the replacement lens if I need new ones.

The Ballistic M frames comes with the older 2.0 and the newer 3.0 models. The 3.0 has a slightly different mounting point but the lens are interchangeable with the 2.0. 

If if you are military, Leo, or first responder, you can go and register at Oakley’si.com. The prices are way lower compared to the civilian population. That $250 Ballistic M frame is about $165 plus $8 from Oakley’si.com. You just need to send them a photocopy or picture of your credentials.

Theres probably no truth or science to this but with burnt orange i swear i can see the holes in the target better

sometimes with lighter colored lenses i swear the light on the target makes things just blur together and i have no real idea

where the shot went

I went to Academy yesterday and bought the Oakley M frame Ballistic SI with the Prism T22 lens.  I need an RX insert, but so far they look good.

Funny timing on this thread. I bought the prizm 22's and found they let too much light through on bright days. I ended up doing some research and found the deep blue prizm lens actually filters out the most light. The FO is hard to miss with these lenses and they are super clear. Highly recommended. 

Oakley Prizm TR22 and TR45

lately I have been using Prizm Trail 36% Base Tint  it was awesome for trail running and shooting in shadows or bright light. I find it better when shooting matches where foliage is involved

Posted (edited)

I use a yellow lens in low light conditions (indoor or cloudy), which I find works great for the red dot. 

Edited by abb1