Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
lray123

What scratched .223 brass is reuseable?

Some of my once fired brass for my .223 has scratches that are deep enough to feel with my fingernail, but they are tiny. Are these dangerous? or are they too small to cause any harm? i know dents are not too bad but i dont know what to consider for reload and not, because it is quite a few of them. but they have only been fired once. Thank for any advise.

Pics?

it sounds like you are using a metal magazine and the corners of the feed lips are scratching brass a bit. If that’s the case, load away. 

I’ve never had any issues loading scratched brass. I think it was Sierra that made some posts about brass inspection. What’s acceptable and not. I’ll see if I can find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont currently have pics, but ill get some on asap. sounds like they arent a real big deal. just never saw these type of scratches on my 9mm cases. im not using a metal magazine. i wish it were that easy.it doesnt seem deep enough to be a crack.