Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Busted MPX mag

4 hours ago, Chillywig said:

I did. I was told mags only have a 1 year warranty. 

3 hours ago, Halo09 said:

If they know it had an extended basepad, they might not warranty it.  I know glock told me "No Coverage" when the bottom of my mag "tabs" broke. 

When I broke one the same way:

1. SIG never asked how old it was

2. They called me back and recommended the TTI extanded pad after the already issued the RMA

So for me I have some standard rules in dealing with giant companys like SIG:

1. Don't volunteer any info above what they ask for

2. Keep all your stock parts for anything you  change 

3. Buy things that  could be a high risk from someone  like Brownells with a 100% no hassle guarantee .. SIG has no choice but to replace it to brownells that's the deal to be In with them..additionally 100%sure Lancer will have to replace to SIG any broken mags SIG warranty's out

I don't  plan to drop mags with extended pads on purpose now..I keep 2 /34 rounders and 2/ 24 rounders around with shortened spring guides and flat Speinger Precision aluminium  pads for classifers or any other sitauation  I know I am dropping a mag..

Edited by 2011BLDR
9 hours ago, 2011BLDR said:

1. Don't volunteer any info above what they ask for

2. Keep all your stock parts for anything you  change 

3. Buy things that  could be a high risk from someone  like Brownells with a 100% no hassle guarantee .. SIG has no choice but to replace it to brownells that's the deal to be In with them..additionally 100%sure Lancer will have to replace to SIG any broken mags SIG warranty's out

I don't  plan to drop mags with extended pads on purpose now..I keep 2 /34 rounders and 2/ 24 rounders around with shortened spring guides and flat Speinger Precision aluminium  pads for classifers or any other sitauation  I know I am dropping a mag..

When I called Sig and said I had a broken MPX mag the first thing he asked was how old is it. Honestly I am not sure. I have 2 gen 2 MPXs bought in 2015 and 2016. Plus ordered 3 more 30 rounders from Midway in 2016. This is one of these 5 mags and they all have some kind of extension on them - TTI TF and SP. Ironically last month I ordered a 20 and 30 rounder from Midway with my birthday discount with the plan on keeping them in the stock configuration to use as drop mags when the stage required a reload.