Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TiN Coating

bigboy69

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what you call reasonable, but I had a 1911 barrel done for $70, by Primary Machine last year. It turned out nice. They were a vendor here, but I don't see their name listed anymore.

Edited by GBertolet

On 2/21/2019 at 10:48 PM, GringoBandito said:

Check out middle branch machine but I recommend having them polish the barrel prior to coating. They are inexpensive, responsive and do nice work. 

Middlebranch did my 1911.  Polished is a little higher than matte finish, but turnaround was quick.  Highly recommended.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:00 PM, RGC said:

Middlebranch did my 1911.  Polished is a little higher than matte finish, but turnaround was quick.  Highly recommended.

Thats who is actually doing it through Smith Outfitters, Smith is one of my sponsors.  Can't wait to get it back!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Bling bling! Looks great, what do you plan to finish the grip and small parts with?

Were the parts in the white when you sent them in, or can they take previously coated parts and refresh?

Here is final product.  I cannot get a good pic, this doesn't do any justice for it at all.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:28 PM, RGC said:

That'll blind the competition for sure....interested to see the final product.

0324192132_HDR.jpg

0324192131b_HDR.jpg

Edited by bigboy69

12 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

Don't you think the plain scope mount and lumpy dot distract from the styling? 

I will agree with you on the scope mount being plain, but I can always have some cuts put in it at the end of the season, which I will do.  I like the lumpy red dot, hehe, but I'll be taking the cover off so it don't look that big.