Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lower Cost 2011 for Limited

Bryamill

Looking at the Dawson Super Tuned 2011 Edge in 40 and the CKArms "The Limited Solution". Both are around the 2k mark. I'm not well versed in the 2011 world, so wanted to ask if one was a better choice than the other? Or is it just better to save for awhile longer and go with something different. I'm sure this has been answered, but did not see it. 

Looking at the Dawson Super Tuned 2011 Edge in 40 and the CKArms "The Limited Solution". Both are around the 2k mark. I'm not well versed in the 2011 world, so wanted to ask if one was a better choice than the other? Or is it just better to save for awhile longer and go with something different. I'm sure this has been answered, but did not see it. 
are you set on the 2011 platform?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’d keep an eye out for a used limited gun in the classifieds, and shoot it for a season. Run all of your buddies limited guns too, every chance you get. Save money up here and there throughout the year.

End of the year you’ll be able to order exactly the gun you want, and pay that used gun forward to another budding Limited shooter.

5 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

are you set on the 2011 platform?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm intrigued by it. I also considered the CZ TSO, but I think I would end up with a 2011 at some point. 

2 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I’d keep an eye out for a used limited gun in the classifieds, and shoot it for a season. Run all of your buddies limited guns too, every chance you get. Save money up here and there throughout the year.

End of the year you’ll be able to order exactly the gun you want, and pay that used gun forward to another budding Limited shooter.

I need to focus on CO! That's what I'm shooting now. I think my next division will be limited, but it may not be until next year. So, I do have some time to save if a more custom route is the way to go. 

5 minutes ago, Bryamill said:

So, I do have some time to save if a more custom route is the way to go. 

The point was that everyone I know who is teuly happy with their custom or hand build shot a gun off the rack for a year IN LIMITED and tried a bunch of other guys guns. Then went full custom.

But a gun off the rack or a used one first, go custom further down the road if you desire.

If you build a custom house without ever having lived in anything besides a trailer, you’re going to regret some of your decisions that were made because you didn’t know any better.

I just ordered a Dawson super tuned 2011, as a 2nd 2011 to my Brazos semi-custom 2011. They're similar in that the Brazos is built upon an Edge frame. I had them change the grip, and the trigger to what is similar on my Brazos. I was looking at a full blown custom, but at approximately $4k, the long wait time, and unavailability of a chrome finish,  it's just not worth it for me and my level of shooting.

I’ve shot full custom an  entry entry level 2011. Get your feet wet then figure what u want. Honestly my first was Sti executive that I had to put another 1 k in. So u can go that route also. Like another said I’ve seen great deals on limited guns on forum lately 

Getting a used Edge from the classifieds is a good way to go. You can get a great deal on it with the bugs already worked out and it'll give you a good feel for the platform so you can decide if you wanna go full custom later on.