Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 9mm open?

Eman

On 2/18/2019 at 7:03 PM, tdp88 said:

Just shoot CO and avoid the headache of trying to make an open Glock work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headache?

Let me repeat my post from the first page of this thread:

“I’ve run my Gen 3 G35 with Dueck Defense dovetail mounted DPP with Glockstore threaded barrel, comp, tungsten guide rod, factory springs and magwell. Left everything else stock and it always ran well.”

Headache?

Let me repeat my post from the first page of this thread:

“I’ve run my Gen 3 G35 with Dueck Defense dovetail mounted DPP with Glockstore threaded barrel, comp, tungsten guide rod, factory springs and magwell. Left everything else stock and it always ran well.”

That’s great, but I’ve yet to see one run well.

3 minutes ago, tdp88 said:

That’s great, but I’ve yet to see one run well.

Maybe that is the result of the never ending pursuit of trigger or spring Nirvana. Perfection may be the enemy of good enough.

99% of the reliability issues I see at local matches with Glocks are due to aftermarket triggers, RSA springs, strikers and springs, etc.

Maybe that is the result of the never ending pursuit of trigger or spring Nirvana. Perfection may be the enemy of good enough.

99% of the reliability issues I see at local matches with Glocks are due to aftermarket triggers, RSA springs, strikers and springs, etc.

That may be true but as a general rule Glocks are for CO and open should be left to 2011’s if you want to be competitive.

10 hours ago, tdp88 said:

That may be true but as a general rule Glocks are for CO and open should be left to 2011’s if you want to be competitive.

Tell that to KC Eusebio. Dave Sevigny. 

Is it the carpenter or the tools?

A thread on this very website makes the point one can get a competitive pistol for way less than an STI. We are seduced into believing that spending thousands of dollars is necessary for us to be competitive when it is really natural ability and practice, lots of practice. Instead, we all spend $$$$ for the shortcut. 

A thread on this very website makes the point one can get a competitive pistol for way less than an STI. We are seduced into believing that spending thousands of dollars is necessary for us to be competitive when it is really natural ability and practice, lots of practice. Instead, we all spend $$$$ for the shortcut. 

I’m not trying to bash your gun. I just think you’re at a major disadvantage with an open Glock. Nothing personal, I just don’t think it’s a good idea.

41 minutes ago, Paul49 said:

Wasn’t KC crying at the safe area because his 9 major Glock wouldn’t work?

I really don’t think Glocks (or any other poly gun) are at a disadvantage in any division..... except Open. 

Edited by HCH

• 4 weeks later...

I started out USPSA with an open glock 17 gen 4 with a lone wolf barrel and a carver custom comp.  You can definitely play in open but it definitely doesn't run like a 2011.  I love glocks but for open IMO the 2011 is the way to go.

If you're just looking to shoot in open though, the glock will definitely work