Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Was wondering how hard your grip is on a PCC ? Are you torquing the rifle I.e. driving strong hand into the body and counter twisting the hand gaurd with weak hand ? Have shot both a JP and Sig extensively but wondering if I’m gripping the rifle strong enough especially for splits on long shots

I mainly pull firmly into my shoulder with my support hand and am pretty relaxed with my strong/firing hand.  I use a Magpul angled fore grip which helps anchor my hand into a natural rearward pull, but I don't have my support arm stretched way out with elbow lock.

Edited by MoRivera

Ideally its straight back into body as firm as you can get it.  Not in the shoulder pocket.  More towards the sternum so you can avoid rolling your head to see the dot.

I use skate tape on my rail to get a good grip.  Trigger hand isn't over gripped at all.  Play with the rearwards tension.  You will see a difference in your splits spread.

I dont typically even think about my trigger hand, I spend all my time thinking about my support hand, and what's it doing.

That being said, I am probably the last guy to be given out an shooting advice, it's just how I do it.

3 hours ago, longbeard said:

Ideally its straight back into body as firm as you can get it.  Not in the shoulder pocket.  More towards the sternum so you can avoid rolling your head to see the dot.

I use skate tape on my rail to get a good grip.  Trigger hand isn't over gripped at all.  Play with the rearwards tension.  You will see a difference in your splits spread.

Yes, mine usually sits over my pectoral moreso than in the actual shoulder pocket.  I like having my torso more square with my targets, and my strong arm isn't as scrunched in.

Edited by MoRivera

Still pretty new to this.. so grain of salt.  I find that keeping my strong hand relaxed with minimal  grip is conducive to faster shooting.  I also find myself varying the amount of force I put into the gun with my support hand/arm depending on the difficulty of the target.  The harder the target, the more I pull the gun into my shoulder/chest, and the better my recoil management is.