Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P16-40 What's it worth?

Acer2428

Here's the backstory: I bought this gun in 2010'ish just because I thought it was neat. Hadn't ever heard of USPSA at the time. Of course it was finnicky with factory ammo, so I shelved it for a bit. Eventually I had it polished up and throated. Once I got involved in USPSA I realized what I had and decided to try limited. So I bought a bunch of mags and basepads, magwell, re-sprung it, installed a C&S series 70 FCG, guncrafter trigger, etc. and polished the snot out of everything, bought some AA long-loaded .40 (pre-reloading). 

...and after two matches decided I didn't like shooting limited. It's back in the safe for the last few years and I've finally realized I'm never going to shoot it. You can see in the pictures it's in excellent condition. Has 6 mags w/ Dawson basepads (5 black mags marked Canadian, one is SS), Dawson Ice Magwell (as well as another smaller one iirc) C&S  hammer/sear/disco, guncrafter fitted trigger, and 550 rounds of Atl Arms long .40 cal ammo. 

I have no idea what the package is worth these days, if I'm better off parting the mags out, etc. Any guidance would be appreciated.

WwtgHFo.jpg

kzZgVlk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jZtVuW3.jpg[/img]

Edited by Acer2428

Here's the backstory: I bought this gun in 2010'ish just because I thought it was neat. Hadn't ever heard of USPSA at the time. Of course it was finnicky with factory ammo, so I shelved it for a bit. Eventually I had it polished up and throated. Once I got involved in USPSA I realized what I had and decided to try limited. So I bought a bunch of mags and basepads, magwell, re-sprung it, installed a C&S series 70 FCG, guncrafter trigger, etc. and polished the snot out of everything, bought some AA long-loaded .40 (pre-reloading). 

...and after two matches decided I didn't like shooting limited. It's back in the safe for the last few years and I've finally realized I'm never going to shoot it. You can see in the pictures it's in excellent condition. Has 6 mags w/ Dawson basepads (5 black mags marked Canadian, one is SS), Dawson Ice Magwell (as well as another smaller one iirc) C&S  hammer/sear/disco, guncrafter fitted trigger, and 550 rounds of Atl Arms long .40 cal ammo. 

I have no idea what the package is worth these days, if I'm better off parting the mags out, etc. Any guidance would be appreciated.

>%0A%20%5Bimg%5Dhttps://i.imgur.com/jZtVuW3.jpg[\img]

img]https://i.imgur.com/WwtgHFo.jpg[\img]

I'd price the entire package at $1000 OBO. As great as they are it's just not compatible with the 2011 and CZ TSO market. I have two para's myself that I used all last year and even took to limited nationals. Decided to move on to 2011 platform as my hands just fit it better.

There are used STI Edge guns going for $1400 on here and people just aren't gonna pay 2011 money for 1911 double stacks UNLESS it's the right buyer. Those buyers are few and far between unfortunately for us

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Acer2428 said:

Thanks guys. Makes good sense. For what it costs us plebeians to ship a pistol these days, she might just get to live out her days being a shiny safe queen. 

I can generally ship pistols through my ffl for $40.  I got one from California and couldn't get it shipped to me for less than $100. California sucks haha

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/11/2019 at 10:28 AM, RJH said:

I can generally ship pistols through my ffl for $40.  I got one from California and couldn't get it shipped to me for less than $100. California sucks haha

Strange, got a gun shipped ffl to ffl to my dad in WA for shipping and transfer less than $100 by far. I live here in CA and got a gun shipped into the state in February and it was the same. Not saying that this state doesn’t suck, but you might get a better deal than that for sue.