Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Cajunized my Shadow 2

Fasthenk65

Dear all,

Finally we can buy CGW parts in Europe and in my case the Netherlands. (Mulekom Schietsport).

My Shadow 2 got the biggest CGW treatment pack + RRK.

My double action went to exactly 6lbs. More important, it is super smooth now! Finally all DA shots are alpha's. SA went to 2lbs exactly. Reset is extremely short (bit soft though with the soft TRS from CGW). Pre-travel in DA is still there but ok. Pre-travel in SA is close to zero. Have to adjust to that... bit afraid of DQ caused by early discharge... Training will help. Apart from grams/lbs trigger pull: trigger is now like a 1911. Breaking is like glass. I like some more pre-travel and hope it is possible with the ' new' 85c trigger... (have to ask CGW..).

Very, very happy!!! Tnx CGW for making this stuff.

On 2/10/2019 at 9:01 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

Dear all,

Finally we can buy CGW parts in Europe and in my case the Netherlands. (Mulekom Schietsport).

My Shadow 2 got the biggest CGW treatment pack + RRK.

My double action went to exactly 6lbs. More important, it is super smooth now! Finally all DA shots are alpha's. SA went to 2lbs exactly. Reset is extremely short (bit soft though with the soft TRS from CGW). Pre-travel in DA is still there but ok. Pre-travel in SA is close to zero. Have to adjust to that... bit afraid of DQ caused by early discharge... Training will help. Apart from grams/lbs trigger pull: trigger is now like a 1911. Breaking is like glass. I like some more pre-travel and hope it is possible with the ' new' 85c trigger... (have to ask CGW..).

Very, very happy!!! Tnx CGW for making this stuff.

Any other stores that sell CGW stuff? I didn't find a website for the Mulekom. 

Hello Fasthenk65

Can you tell what parts you installed?

Cajun Gun Works Shadow S-2 Kit 75800 with included 1486-T3 disconnector

or

Cajun Gun Works T5 Shadow 2 Disconnector 1488

Thanks.

Regards Guido

PS: I waited long time for CGW parts in Europe ............ Now finally it's possible!

Edited by guido21

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2019 at 1:19 PM, guido21 said:

Hello Fasthenk65

Can you tell what parts you installed?

Cajun Gun Works Shadow S-2 Kit 75800 with included 1486-T3 disconnector

or

Cajun Gun Works T5 Shadow 2 Disconnector 1488

Thanks.

Regards Guido

PS: I waited long time for CGW parts in Europe ............ Now finally it's possible!

the 75800 S2 kit!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matt1 said:

Why do you think the safety won’t work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safeties must work in DA, SA and the one in the middle (half cock). I've seen it doesn't work in half cock and that is not allowed in IPSC (maybe it is in USPSA) 

Edited by xdf3

7 hours ago, xdf3 said:

Safeties must work in DA, SA and the one in the middle (half cock). I've seen it doesn't work in half cock and that is not allowed in IPSC (maybe it is in USPSA) 

The safety is not possible to apply when the hammer is not cocked on an unmodified CZ! The Tanfoglios are different in that aspect.

This is based on several stock CZs that I own and it is also stated in the CZ armourers manual.

SmartSelect_20190625-174130_Dropbox.thumb.jpg.e9ce68d97eac9c056f5bc810f1699e28.jpg

Depending on how you fit the sear/safety you will get your desired function.

Edited by Ludde

13 hours ago, xdf3 said:

Is it possible to use it in IPSC Production? It seems like safety won't work like expected so it won't be allowed

Isn’t there a list of approved firearms. Seems like a lot of ipsc guys use them. 

With a CGW race hammer, it is possible to activate the safety with the hammer down, and it will function, but not recommended as it may cause damage if the trigger is pulled hard enough.  This is the biggest difference.  So, if the hammer is not IPSC legal (and I'm not sure about this), no need to worry about the safety then.  

3 hours ago, GMP said:

With a CGW race hammer, it is possible to activate the safety with the hammer down, and it will function, but not recommended as it may cause damage if the trigger is pulled hard enough.  This is the biggest difference.  So, if the hammer is not IPSC legal (and I'm not sure about this), no need to worry about the safety then.  

Maybe that's the difference. So the fact is : a Cajunized Shadow2 (with the full kit) is IPSC PRODUCTION legal, right?

The hammer can be changed as far as I know, anything except the barrel (and maybe the bushing?)

The latest IPSC Production division rules allow for any trigger mechanism modification. Springs, hammers, disco, firing pin, trigger and so on! If you want the CGW stuff go ahead!

20190626_120711.thumb.jpg.09c5481225f853bb26b0156bcd97ae3f.jpg

20190626_120652.jpg

Edited by Ludde

1 hour ago, Ludde said:

The latest IPSC Production division rules allow for any trigger mechanism modification. Springs, hammers, disco, firing pin, trigger and so on! If you want the CGW stuff go ahead!

20190626_120711.thumb.jpg.09c5481225f853bb26b0156bcd97ae3f.jpg

20190626_120652.jpg

Yes, they do, but if that implicitly changes how the gun works, that won't be allowed. That's what I meant. I had a discussion about safeties with a range master. He doesn't know what CGW kit does, but if safeties won't work the same way, the kit won't be allowed. 

That's why I asked that. So, if everything works the same, it's all good. I guess they won't even check the safety in DA 

For USPSA production with an S2 the function change is irrelevant as you start hammer down anyway.  Its certainly not less safe.  I can tell you that if you bump it on during a draw it will screw up your stage, ask me how I know.  Here they never checked and why would they?   I have all the CGW parts including RRK and bushing and it was never questioned.  If the IPSC rules are the same then your good, that's the question.

6 hours ago, xdf3 said:

Yes, they do, but if that implicitly changes how the gun works, that won't be allowed. That's what I meant. I had a discussion about safeties with a range master. He doesn't know what CGW kit does, but if safeties won't work the same way, the kit won't be allowed. 

That's why I asked that. So, if everything works the same, it's all good. I guess they won't even check the safety in DA 

My personal opinion is that it does not matter as long as it is safe.

Meaning that it is possible to put the safety on when the hammer is fully cocked (SA) as intended in the original CZ design.

If then somebody has fitted original CZ or aftermarket parts that allows you to also put the safety on when fully de-cocked (DA) does not make it less safe and you have not removed any of the safety functions. For example the Tanfoglio line of pistols works this way.

Using a CGW hammer or disco in a Shadow 2 DOES NOT change the function of the safety.

However, CGW hammers & disco’s being IPSC Production legal is a more complex question that has not been clearly defined as yet. IMO they are legal but you could be in trouble if you come across a BOC Range Master at a match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk