Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
andrewt556

true 1x 1-6 power scope

Are there any scopes out there with a true red dot level 1x on a 1-6, 1-4 or 1-8 scope?

I shot a match yesterday using a primary arms 1-6 sfp the old ones and I really noticed that slight magnification especially when shooting with both eyes open.

I bought an Atibal 1X8 to try out and it appears to be 1X on the lowest setting.  Both eyes open at the time.

13 hours ago, andrewt556 said:

Are there any scopes out there with a true red dot level 1x on a 1-6, 1-4 or 1-8 scope?

I shot a match yesterday using a primary arms 1-6 sfp the old ones and I really noticed that slight magnification especially when shooting with both eyes open.

Vortex razor is the best at this, nothing comes close.  Adjust the diopter until it’s true 1x for your eyes.

i think any of the commonly used higher end 3g scopes now accomplish this. in my experience razor hd 1-6, swaro z8i 1-8, and steiner px4i 1-4 all feel to my eyes like a red dot sight, though none are as forgiving as an actual red dot, but the steiner and razor have big eyeboxes and great centerdots.

Vortex razor has a nice true 1x and the dot is day time bright. 

Vortex razor is your best bet. The NX8 is not bad but the eye box is not as great.  Love my razor

Steiner p4xi is the closest to true 1x I have found. It may have to do with my astigmatism but with both eyes open I cant tell a difference. It's the first scope that I found I could shoot both eyes open on 1X