Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Chaos 38 S, Smooth Slide

Slide4949

I just received mine in 9mm. Slide is smooth and very well fitted. But not anything like it will be after fully being broke in.

they are fitted prior to being coated and the coating will need broke in. Which was explained in the paperwork I received with mine. And is pretty typical.

After 1k rounds it is much smoother.

You are likely just feeling the coating rubbing. Use thin oil like recommended and use a heavier recoils spring if necessary during break in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Slide4949 said:

thks jcc7x7

I cleaned it up and re oiled it and it's  a lot smoother now. 

Romans 8:31, I needed that, tks

Keep your head down this spring in the wind.

Hoping to be back home in TX soon!

Enjoy your new gun.

Call atlas if you have a concern, seems like their good folks

Mine didn’t come cleaned after test fire which made it feel dirty and not slick. Cleaned and oiled and it became slick. If this isn’t the issue for you I would call Adam tomorrow. 

Edited by lacivilian

Have a Atlas chaos in 9 major I just recieved. It was smooth but I stripped it cleaned and relubed then sent 200 rounds down range and its already beginning to feel smoother. The coating will wear in and it will get even better. 

this may be wrong place to ask, but, Atlas recommends using silhouette powder for 38 super, I have been using 3n38 and really like it in my other open gun would there be a difference worth switching , will it work the comp better?