Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does the Edge still hold up?

us820

Edge is a great gun. I have been lucky to have gotten two used ones that were already sorted out and both ran great.

If I was buying a new one I'd get one from Brazos or Dawson that had already been gone through.

3 hours ago, davidb72 said:

If I was buying a new one I'd get one from Brazos or Dawson that had already been gone through.

I bought the Super Tuned from Dawson, on sale for almost $500 off. The gun was good, but I am comparing it to my Custom Brazos gun. So I did a complete tear down of the gun of every single part. Put on a smaller grip from Extreme Shooters. Added a short trigger. Did some undercutting of the grip. Adjusted the grip safety to release with minimum movement. Adjusted the over travel, pre travel, and reset trigger to match my Brazos. Reduced the trigger weight to just over 2lbs. And hand polished every pin and moving parts except for the sear and trigger engagement surfaces.

I now shoot this gun better than my custom Brazos. Mainly because the grip fits my hand better than the one on the custom Brazos. And being that overall this gun cost me over $1400 less than my custom gun, I'm extremely happy with it.

2 hours ago, Ethanolguy said:

I’ve been running a Dawson Edge CRP for 3-4 years in 3 gun. Runs like a champ. It’s 80% of an Atlas for 50% of the cost

if you put a steel grip on an edge, it would be around $2600-2700, so more like 75% of the cost of an atlas...... and the atlas doesn't need a trigger job, and is tighter fit all the way around.

I have one of each, and the edge is a great gun for the money, and the atlas is a great gun for the money... it's just a different amount of money and a different amount of greatness.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:52 PM, us820 said:

I'm looking to shoot just fun shoot stuff.I don't reload.I have many 1,000s of 9mm WWB 115gr factory and the like.I see you can get Edges around $2k everywhere and a Brazos tuned hard chromed one for $2,500.Is that as good as anything out there in the right hands or would there be benefits in a $4000 wondergun I'm not seeing ?

For 85-90% of the shooters in the sport the edge won't be the holding them back, myself included. 

This is all good news for me as I just picked up my new Edge this week.  I’ve had the Marauder for several months, and have so far really enjoyed the pistol.  It has ran without a hiccup.  I got the Edge in .40, and I hope it runs just as buttery smooth as my Marauder has.