Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does the Edge still hold up?

us820

I'm looking to shoot just fun shoot stuff.I don't reload.I have many 1,000s of 9mm WWB 115gr factory and the like.I see you can get Edges around $2k everywhere and a Brazos tuned hard chromed one for $2,500.Is that as good as anything out there in the right hands or would there be benefits in a $4000 wondergun I'm not seeing ?

I just bought a used Brazos Edge off of this forum. I don’t reload yet and have shot Blazer ammo with no problem, also just ran some Precision Delta which is long ammo and runs perfect. Gun is better than me for sure.

the 4 k custom, might have things like a bit more textured grips, bit lighter ,shorter crisper trigger, trigger shoe of special length to more closely match your hand.  Grip safety deactivated,,  and fancy cosmetics.. All of which might push you from high master to GM, or go from GM to winning GM, like that last haf second or so.. But other wise ?  
I mean dont get me wrong custom can be nice, and nothign wrong with pride in ownership, but I dont think that extra money will do much on the clock for you until you start losing division by a couple seconds.

9 hours ago, us820 said:

I'm looking to shoot just fun shoot stuff.I don't reload.I have many 1,000s of 9mm WWB 115gr factory and the like.I see you can get Edges around $2k everywhere and a Brazos tuned hard chromed one for $2,500.Is that as good as anything out there in the right hands or would there be benefits in a $4000 wondergun I'm not seeing ?

There is a real sweet benny hill custom in the classifieds right  now with four mags for 2200. It is in 40 however, but you could sell some 9 ammo and pick up a square deal in 40 and have a extremely nice 2011 and be ready for limited too......

Shooting buddy of mine has the tuned edge and I have a DVC limited island. We both felt that my DVC was the better feeling pistol and shot smoother. With that said I wouldn't have a problem shooting his Edge in a competition but you'd certainly look cooler with the DVC!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have to of the large rollmark Edges, one in 9 and one in 40. Use them for steel matches and uspsa. It keeps up with everything. I’ve beat guys with fancy custom limited guns, an edge will b just fine for just about anything 

I picked up an early edge for cheap (CM44xx) serial, and it still runs like a champ. Just had it tuned with some new parts + extreme engineering ignition kit, and it may get a new barrel soon, but it’s been great for me thus far. I say go for it. 

I heard that model is being discontinued but haven’t had a chance to dig into it. Someone else may have more info on that.

My friend has an Edge that can compare to anything out there, although he's done a fair bit of work to it.  I've also handled new-in-box ones that seemed very..meh.  So I think it depends on the individual one you find and what you want to put into it.  With a bit of work they can match anything.  

• 2 weeks later...