Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger? Other?s

Deserteaglexxx

I’m new to open guns and am getting ready to build my first open blaster.  Currently I shoot a factory STI DVC Limited.  I’m in the process of getting all the parts for the build and am looking for advice on the trigger, does the trigger shoe make much difference? Or is the shoe and trigger just astectics?  Any other suggestions on parts that are a must would be much appreciated.  Base will be JEM frame and slide, 9mm,  pt evo grip, atlas comp, ewg hard sear, konig lo mass hammer, svi sight mount, aftec extractor.  Trying to figure the rest, tia.

Are you building it or a GS? If a GS, let him decide on the small parts if he has a preference unless you know for certain you have a specific preference on something. 

If hes a builder of open guns he’ll know what he prefers and why, if he doesn’t build many then yes, there are going to be a lot of opinions...

IF you know what length you want your trigger from prior shooting experience.  

Then go with a standard STI GS blank and make it the length and shape you want.

If you're not sure or want to experiment with the different trigger lengths get the Geppert or SVI

so you can adjust / change shoes.

I've gone to the GS blanks cause I know I want the med length flat trigger and the GS blanks are relatively light.

Edited by jcc7x7

Geppert triggers are sold by Atlas Gun Works.  They have STI size shoes.  EVO grips are cut for the SVI trigger, so that is what you should use.  JEM is out of slides at the moment.  His supplier's machine broke down.  Ed is tooling up to make his own, but isn't ready yet.  Caspian is a good alternative.  When you order, make absolutely certain you specify the frame for the EVO grip, otherwise you'll get a frame for the poly grip.

I prefer Extreme Engineering for the trigger guts, ti strut and cap, Nowlin/Colt sear spring, and 17lb mainspring. My guns are currently at Venom Customs for all triggers to be replaced/freshened up. I sent STI gunsmith blanks but if I were to do it over, I’d send the Cheely trigger bows. They look pretty awesome for the price and hadn’t heard of them until recently.

I prefer the short inserts as I tend to get a little more trigger freeze with long triggers.

f06ceb1d272d9c4c4f24b7f46ce28b73.jpg

I believe they have a few different lengths.

57 minutes ago, zzt said:

Geppert triggers are sold by Atlas Gun Works.  They have STI size shoes.  EVO grips are cut for the SVI trigger, so that is what you should use.  JEM is out of slides at the moment.  His supplier's machine broke down.  Ed is tooling up to make his own, but isn't ready yet.  Caspian is a good alternative.  When you order, make absolutely certain you specify the frame for the EVO grip, otherwise you'll get a frame for the poly grip.

So is the evo cut for the billet grip svi bow or the regular Svi there is also a tri glide?

33 minutes ago, Deserteaglexxx said:

So is the evo cut for the billet grip svi bow or the regular Svi there is also a tri glide?

Billet grip SV bow is only for SV billet grips.  

I avoid all triglide parts, haven't worked well for me when mixing parts, but that's on you.

Had good success with egw fire control groups. For the trigger bow and insert sv stuff has worked well for me in my old limited gun, but recently have become fond of x-line vario trigger and bow that came in my atlas gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I could find was the triglide bow when building my gun. The little ball bearing causes problems from what I’ve heard. So my smith just took it out. Should last forever now. I really like My SV trigger. I started with the large flat, but I may try a medium flat to see if it fits me better. The interchange inserts are great. No need to buy and install a whole new  shoe  if it doesn’t fit or feel good. 

• 4 weeks later...