Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 5 34 springs

Rpope423

I’ve done a lot of searching for recoil springs for the gen 5 34 and I’m only coming up with ISMI, im running a taran  tactical guide rod specifically for the gen 5 34 but the spring it comes with is to strong for me. Does anybody know if the 5” 1911 springs will work fine? I’m wanting a 10lb and ISMI only has 11lb and I’m not big on cutting and stretching springs

• 3 months later...

i have a tti spring and guide rod in a gen 5 g 34. the spring it ships with is supposedly 14#.

i replaced that spring with a wolff 13# for glock.

i tried a 1911 spring and a flat spring and they didn't work right for me when trying to replace the tti spring. (i also didn't like that they call it for a 17/34 but it is NOT for a 17 as the rod extends an inch out of the slide in a 17 vs the 34)

Edited by rowdyb

• 3 months later...
On 6/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, rowdyb said:

i have a tti spring and guide rod in a gen 5 g 34. the spring it ships with is supposedly 14#.

i replaced that spring with a wolff 13# for glock.

i tried a 1911 spring and a flat spring and they didn't work right for me when trying to replace the tti spring. (i also didn't like that they call it for a 17/34 but it is NOT for a 17 as the rod extends an inch out of the slide in a 17 vs the 34)

Good info.  Im in the same boat with the TTI guide rods.  Definitely need something lighter.  Does anyone stock these or do you have to order direct from wolff?