Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Targets on the Cheap

anonymouscuban

Hey all.

So I had some time to kill and a huge TV box to break down for recycle. Asked myself, "Why not make some targets out of that thing?"

So after a couple of minutes of Googling and about an hour of my time, I was able to make a reusable stencil and 6 targets out of this I had laying around and the TV box I was gonna throw away.

Here's how:

1. Download the official dimensions of an IPSC target.

4df0c9bb5158e13c017b58920d6f8c2a.jpg

2. Marked up a piece of 20"x30" foam core to the required dimensions and then used a straight edge and utility knife to cut it out.

821e91e286ae369bd7ccefca1d004eda.jpg

3. Cut the TV box in half and traced out the outline of the stencil onto the cardboard box pieces.

18efa0ad8066406cf01d9d649c926751.jpg

4. Used a straight edge and utility knife to cut out the targets along the lines I traced out.

5002c9447604e4b2d1bdccc8a0bedbdd.jpg

5. Profit!!

78bdda159e83debca350a33bc6ebf83b.jpg

Now that I have the stencil, I can reuse boxes I get from deliveries to make targets.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I bought some 1/3 scale from bsproshop. Then just traced around them onto the never ending stream of amazon boxes my wife supplies.

Glue paper on first to make no-shoots. Lay a piece of paper and spray paint black for hard cover.  i literally have 40-50.

I bought some 1/3 scale from bsproshop. Then just traced around them onto the never ending stream of amazon boxes my wife supplies.

Glue paper on first to make no-shoots. Lay a piece of paper and spray paint black for hard cover.  i literally have 40-50.
Yeah. I bought some of those 1/3 scale targets as well.

I am probably going to make a stencil for 1/2 scale target as well.

So I used the cardboard, full sized targets I made in the OP the other day at the range. I didn't have any cardboard handy to make more but I had a roll of the paper used to line floors when painting. I made a few from it. Worked out pretty well.

1553eb5b9ebfeace7bf14ee7073497d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...