Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC - Bolt Catch Required?

6 minutes ago, ziebart said:

I once helped a guy with their chamber flag. It snapped in 2 when he let the bolt slide forward and tried to blame me. It is faster for the RO to help if everyone is used to the process. If not then it can slow things down. Briefing the squad beforehand is a great way to set expectations. Helps with more than just clearing firearms.

Yep.

Barry,

Has anyone made a phase 5 type lever that would work with the short stroke kits? I don't care about LRBHO but being able to manually do it would be nice. 

Seems like it would not be too hard to make the lever and then some milling on the lower to get it to fit. But I'm no expert.

This is where I think CMMG dropped the ball with the Guard and the Banshee. If you don't need the ejector in the lower, you could move the bolt catch at least .75" closer to the magwell fairly easily. Compatibility with some billet uppers would be the only problem I could think of? It doesn't take a lot of force to strip a round out of a Glock magazine. 

17 hours ago, ziebart said:

Barry,

Has anyone made a phase 5 type lever that would work with the short stroke kits? I don't care about LRBHO but being able to manually do it would be nice. 

Seems like it would not be too hard to make the lever and then some milling on the lower to get it to fit. But I'm no expert.

I'm thinking of something similar, but coming in from the other side. Check out a PDQ bolt catch. I'm not a big fan of their design though. I think I can do better and my FM products lower uses a proprietary bolt catch that bolts to their LRBHO. https://www.odinworks.com/product_p/acc-pdq.htm