Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ZEV OZ9

RangerTrace

10 minutes ago, craigsteffek said:

My OZ9 has been great.  Currently have around 3k threw it and beside 1 bad 21 round Magpul mag.  It has had no malfunctions.  I did have one of the recall guns that i sent back to ZEV for the trigger replacement.  While it was there they replaced all firing components and installed a new slide.  They paid shipping both ways and the gun was back to me in under 7 days.

I didn’t know about a recall.. I will definitely be checking on that. Thanks for the i formation. 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/14/2020 at 6:10 AM, avastcosmicarena said:

It was about the old flat trigger they were using. They've switched to a different trigger in all of the newer guns.

Is this a recall specific to that trigger, or specific to the OZ9 WITH that trigger?

I have several of their older flat faced triggers that have been 100% reliable but id like more info on that recall if you have anything to share.

On 12/31/2019 at 7:24 PM, RangerTrace said:

I couldn't make the image very large, but it appears your barrel hood is contacting the underneath of the slide like ours were.  I don't think that is good....

I have plenty of Glocks that have wear marks on the top of the slides from the barrel hood.

On 1/2/2020 at 6:26 AM, RangerTrace said:

They replaced my co-workers entire pistol after the 2nd barrel lug sheared off.  I sold mine before anything catastrophic happened.  With my current discount, I can by an STI Stacatto for what an OZ9 costs.....

Can you give us some more info about your co-worker if you have it?  Was he firing a steady diet of 124 grain nato rounds or reloaded cloud puffs?  Total round counts on the guns?  I THINK that this may be the only report of a catastrophic failure of an OZ9 like that.  Im super curious to hear more.  Also, that statement above is a little disingenuous for those of us that get discounts.  After the discount, the zev OZ9 pistol is significantly cheaper than the STI.

11 hours ago, Magsz said:

Is this a recall specific to that trigger, or specific to the OZ9 WITH that trigger?

I have several of their older flat faced triggers that have been 100% reliable but id like more info on that recall if you have anything to share.

Apparently it was a manufacturing defect with the trigger bar on certain models during a certain time period. These are the serial numbers they recalled:

ZA00001-ZA01232
ZB00001-ZB00760
ZEV-OZ0060-ZEV-OZ1187

12 hours ago, Magsz said:

I have plenty of Glocks that have wear marks on the top of the slides from the barrel hood.

Can you give us some more info about your co-worker if you have it?  Was he firing a steady diet of 124 grain nato rounds or reloaded cloud puffs?  Total round counts on the guns?  I THINK that this may be the only report of a catastrophic failure of an OZ9 like that.  Im super curious to hear more.  Also, that statement above is a little disingenuous for those of us that get discounts.  After the discount, the zev OZ9 pistol is significantly cheaper than the STI.

All factory ammo, he  doesn't reload.  115s mostly and round count would be under 3k.  I don't know what you mean when you say "disingenuous"....for my discount, I can buy an STI for less than an OZ9. 

12 hours ago, Magsz said:

Myself and two other coworkers had the ZEV flat triggers.  2 in OZ9s and 1 in a G17.  All three shooters had issues with fully depressing the trigger safety during full speed drills causing failures to fire or delayed firing.  ZEV acknowledged the issue and stared using a larger tab.

3 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

All factory ammo, he  doesn't reload.  115s mostly and round count would be under 3k.  I don't know what you mean when you say "disingenuous"....for my discount, I can buy an STI for less than an OZ9. 

Just because someone can buy an STI for less, doesn't necessarily mean you should though.

4 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Er...

Are you aware that there is a significant discount on OZ9's for LEO's?

The OZ9 after discount is four hundred dollars less than the STI unless you have a different discount pathway.

Thanks for the answers to my above questions bud!

On 1/17/2020 at 8:10 AM, CarlB86 said:

Just because someone can buy an STI for less, doesn't necessarily mean you should though.

Agreed.  Some people prefer a Gucci Glock and thats why they sell so well.  For me, the best Glock trigger I've ever felt, didn't come close to a production grade 1911 trigger.  But thats my preference.  

On 1/17/2020 at 8:22 AM, Magsz said:

Er...

Are you aware that there is a significant discount on OZ9's for LEO's?

The OZ9 after discount is four hundred dollars less than the STI unless you have a different discount pathway.

Thanks for the answers to my above questions bud!

I can get a Stacatto P for 1400 + tax.  

13 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I can get a Stacatto P for 1400 + tax.  

Ok, i stand corrected then.  That's way better than my LEO price quoted from STI and just slightly more than the ZEV guns.

On 1/11/2020 at 7:16 PM, scduckman03 said:

Shot my OZ9 in my first carry optics match today. Had malfunctions on 2 of 6 stages. Not sure if it’s the magazines or the pistol. Gonna clean pistol and mags and run it hard and see what happens. 

Ran 200 rounds through pistol on Sunday afternoon as fast as I could pull the trigger and reload. No issues. Not sure what happened at match that caused pistol to have problems. Same Ammo and magazines Were used. Gonna keep testing pistol and see if I have any more issues with it. 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:02 PM, scduckman03 said:

Ran 200 rounds through pistol on Sunday afternoon as fast as I could pull the trigger and reload. No issues. Not sure what happened at match that caused pistol to have problems. Same Ammo and magazines Were used. Gonna keep testing pistol and see if I have any more issues with it. 

That scares me even more as the cause is unknown. Once I lose confidence in a gun it’s hard to push it at a match. Hope you find the root cause. 

22 minutes ago, davsco said:

i think they sell a bunch of glock pattern barrels, and i haven't heard of any issues, so thinking it's the gun that's the issue.

Prob so.. I will be really disappointed if they don’t want to look at pistol. I will not feel confident in it if they don’t give it a once over and check it out. It will definitely be a range gun from now on. I don’t trust it enough anymore.