Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ZEV OZ9

RangerTrace

On 3/7/2019 at 5:36 PM, Fitzghan said:

Also worth mentioning I won my first one from The BM Revolution and they have a second one up now.  Link below. Buy as many spots as you like despite the fact is says "one per". Trust me I've won several guns on there. 47 bucks a spot and limited to 39 viewers.  You can also win spots to the Main giveaway via the bloopers. Fair warning it can be addictive but winning that and getting 25% of another one was pretty awesome. Two for less than the price of one.  Happy hunting. Like them on FB and they often run discount codes as well....again....can be addicting. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

https://thebmrevolution.net/collections/webinars/products/zev-technologies-oz9-9mm-package-webinar

Thats a crime in most States unless they are a non-profit business.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Magsz said:

Can anyone comment on their subjective idea regarding recoil characteristics?

Im super curious about how this feels compared to say a G17.5 which has noticeably softer recoil than a G17.4.

I really want to love this gun.  I handled one in a gun store and instantly lusted over it.  At retail, its too expensive for me but with my LEO discount, the pricing is a little more in line with what I would be comfortable spending.  Having said that, its still a very expensive Glock which kills me inside as a Glock is a Glock is a Glock to me.

It is softer than a G17.5, but not anything like a heavy 1911/2011.  The steel guide rod, and steel tac rail gets some weight on the nose, which helps.  I like the way it shoots and its by far the best shooting striker fired pistol I've ever shot.  

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

Thats a crime in most States unless they are a non-profit business.

How is essentially raffling a pistol a crime? I'm asking honestly. Manufactures and dealers do huge online giveaways all the time how would this be any different? All guns are shipped to and transferred through and FFL. In one you are buying a ticket, seat, spot..whatever you want to call it. In the other you get entries for viewing a FB page or subscribing to an email etc.....  

That being said I do notice that all of them (multiple sites) sell seats to "reviews" then they do a "giveaway" at the end of said name review. I also noticed several are in Illinois? 

12 hours ago, Fitzghan said:

How is essentially raffling a pistol a crime? I'm asking honestly. Manufactures and dealers do huge online giveaways all the time how would this be any different? All guns are shipped to and transferred through and FFL. In one you are buying a ticket, seat, spot..whatever you want to call it. In the other you get entries for viewing a FB page or subscribing to an email etc.....  

That being said I do notice that all of them (multiple sites) sell seats to "reviews" then they do a "giveaway" at the end of said name review. I also noticed several are in Illinois? 

Do a little research in your State.  There are only two winners in a raffle.  The seller and the winner of the raffle.  It's a form of gambling.  Personally, I don't care, but someone else might, which is why I mentioned it.

On 3/30/2019 at 7:08 PM, RangerTrace said:

It is softer than a G17.5, but not anything like a heavy 1911/2011.  The steel guide rod, and steel tac rail gets some weight on the nose, which helps.  I like the way it shoots and its by far the best shooting striker fired pistol I've ever shot.  

Cool man.  As i said before, the price is hard to stomach as my threshold for performance per dollar so to speak runs at about the 500 dollar duty range lol.  Ive had nice CZ shadows before and while those pistols were nice, I always felt the price was hard to stomach.

I am SO tempted by this thing but there are a few things holding me back.  I dont like that its not future proof, ie the slide is only cut for an RMR which i absolutely despise.  The blue lens, 1.1ish magnification and horrible track record for reliability push me towards something else.  I could have the slide milled for the Agency AOS but at that point, im back to retail on the thing which i find even harder to stomach.

I really hope ZEV will eventually release a the chassis and the lower by itself without the slide, allowing me to add the slide of my choice with the optics cut of my choice.  There is information around stating that they will, i just hope its sooner rather than later.  I definitely understand why they DONT want to do this right now...

This is all very true but the RMR footprint is going the way of the dodo.  Ive been reading that Trijicon is going to redesign the next iteration of the RMR to accommodate a different cut.  Given the price of this thing, the slide wont stand the test of time.

Yes, I know, nothing lasts forever. :P

On 4/4/2019 at 5:19 PM, Ltoo said:

Hey Magz, where are you reading this news about Trijicon (not doubting you, I just want to read it too)?

Hey bud,

Im not normally one to pass off hearsay but the info is coming from some friends in the FBI who have spoken with Trijicon sales reps.  Other than that, I dont have anything concrete as this is all third party info.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:12 PM, Ltoo said:

Trijicon  changing the RMR footprint may be pretty important news to people considering having a slide milled. Just sayin'

All I have is speculation at this point based off of third party information.  Its nothing concrete and nothing to base a future decision off of.

3 hours ago, Magsz said:

All I have is speculation at this point based off of third party information.  Its nothing concrete and nothing to base a future decision off of.

No question about it, Trijicon is releasing a new RMR, but I hadn't heard it will have a new "footprint".

I find it hard to believe that the single most popular MRDS on the market is going to change their footprint. They're going to p*ss off a LOT of customers if they do that.

Trijicon RMR has basically become the gold standard optic cut for red dot ready aftermarket slides across the industry. 

...but who knows. Crazier things have happened I guess.

I personally think the new product Trijicon has been teasing is just a compact RMR. Not a replacement to the existing Type 2 RMR. They lose quite a bit of market share to smaller optics  like the Shield RMSc, RMS, and J Point for slides too narrow to accommodate an RMR. 

Why would it be hard to believe that the DPP footprint used on the M17 would become the "gold standard"?  

I have heard the same about the Type 3 RMR and Sig also is moving to the same footprint.  Just because they release a new version of the RMR doesn't mean they can't sell the same Type 2 with the "Classic RMR" footprint.  Adapter plates can also be made if customers want (see the KE Arms RMR to ACRO Plate).

• 2 weeks later...

Yup same exact footprint. Trijicon SRO released yesterday.  Looks like a solid offering. Not ditching any of my RMRs but probably pick one up for carry optics to play with. Appears Trijicon hit it out of the park to me.

My friend and I both bought OZ9s.  I've put 300 rounds through mine, no issues.

My friend's has not been live fired yet, just dry fired at home.  While dry firing, he noticed that firing pin was being released as he was resetting trigger (cycled slide during a dry fire).  Zev has been less than pleasant to deal with.  They shipped him a new disconnector and still has same issue.  He spoke to some idiot on the phone that gave some bulls#!t story that this is a finely tuned race gun and he should expect issues.  He's waiting on Zev for next steps.

Not the experience one would expect for a $1600 pistol.  Anyone else experience a similar issue?  Thought Zev would be all over this as it is a serious safety issue.

My friend's has not been live fired yet, just dry fired at home.  While dry firing, he noticed that firing pin was being released as he was resetting trigger (cycled slide during a dry fire).  Zev has been less than pleasant to deal with.  They shipped him a new disconnector and still has same issue.  He spoke to some idiot on the phone that gave some bulls#!t story that this is a finely tuned race gun and he should expect issues.  He's waiting on Zev for next steps.

Not the experience one would expect for a $1600 pistol.  Anyone else experience a similar issue?  Thought Zev would be all over this as it is a serious safety issue.

I’ve never been a fan of Zev. It sounds like they are wondering why he is trying to shoot the pistol instead of admiring their aesthetic talents.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:35 PM, SAR421 said:

Wait, does that sit low enough in a ZEV slide to use their standard height rears and see the irons through the bottom of the glass? Looking at a ZEV Omen slide and this optic now.

It should. SRO uses same footprint as RMR.  Standard height sights work fine with ZEV OZ9 due to their RMR cut being deeper than most. I believe all the ZEV slides are like that.

3 hours ago, Fitzghan said:

It should. SRO uses same footprint as RMR.  Standard height sights work fine with ZEV OZ9 due to their RMR cut being deeper than most. I believe all the ZEV slides are like that.

That’s really great news, I just put my order in for both. I knew their RMR cut was low, but I didn’t realize it was that low! I hate when people put an optic on a pistol then stick the sights all the way up into the middle of the window. Just enough to peak over if you need them is perfect.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:57 PM, infidel1911 said:

Riiight. It's literally a Glock in a new shell being paraded as a new model of gun. "Finely tuned."

On 4/2/2019 at 8:08 PM, Magsz said:

Cool man.  As i said before, the price is hard to stomach as my threshold for performance per dollar so to speak runs at about the 500 dollar duty range lol.  Ive had nice CZ shadows before and while those pistols were nice, I always felt the price was hard to stomach.

I am SO tempted by this thing but there are a few things holding me back.  I dont like that its not future proof, ie the slide is only cut for an RMR which i absolutely despise.  The blue lens, 1.1ish magnification and horrible track record for reliability push me towards something else.  I could have the slide milled for the Agency AOS but at that point, im back to retail on the thing which i find even harder to stomach.

I really hope ZEV will eventually release a the chassis and the lower by itself without the slide, allowing me to add the slide of my choice with the optics cut of my choice.  There is information around stating that they will, i just hope its sooner rather than later.  I definitely understand why they DONT want to do this right now...

The RMR cut gives you a few options. RMR, the new SRO, which looks really good, or the Holoson 507C, which is also quite good. There may be others too.

On 4/3/2019 at 8:28 PM, Magsz said:

This is all very true but the RMR footprint is going the way of the dodo.  Ive been reading that Trijicon is going to redesign the next iteration of the RMR to accommodate a different cut.  Given the price of this thing, the slide wont stand the test of time.

Yes, I know, nothing lasts forever. :P

If they were changing the footprint, why did they just release the SRO with the same footprint? lol.