Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot XIV Pictures and Commentary

I was thinking of posting the "No cangrejo" story in Hell I Was There. Now I'll have to. Stay tuned.

I checked a Shooters Connection bag and a hard-sided suitcase. My gun had a cable lock through the mag well and ejection port. Also, another cable lock anchored to the suitcase went through the EAA hard plastic gun case, in the muzzle, out the chamber, down through the magazine well, out a second hole in the case, and locked. Then the gun case was closed and locked. For inspection, I just unlock the case and show the gun, which requires no handling to determine it's unloaded.

Inside the suitcase was most of my ammo in a sealed box from a case of shotgun shells. Inside the SC bag was the rest of my ammo in factory boxes. Also inside was my holster/pouches belt rig, ready to go, CamelBak, and cleats.

I culled the spare parts not related to my Limited gun. I also stole the mag release and slide stop from my Open gun. I had a spare RecoilMaster and plugs. I had a spare hammer and sear. Mag brush, mag loader, cleaning rod and patches, the usual.

I take a carry-on with all my overnight stuff in case my luggage doesn't arrive and I can at least brush my teeth and take out my contacts.

From now on, I'm packing wash cloths.

Btw, IMG_0985, how far were the targets? Thats' stage 31, right?

Amidon said they were at 41 meters

I think IMG_985 is of one of the mandatory-strong-hand-only stage and thus the targets were ~15 yards. The 40+ yard stuff was on stage 36 I think. IT was the highest numbered stage anyway.