Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
dkamps

Noveske Rifle Series

Recommended Posts

Just wondering who is going?

 

Ill be at both Talladega Feb 23-24 as well as VIR March 23-24.

 

Looks like fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be an RO at Talladega. Should be a good match.

 

See you there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be in Talladega and maybe Tulsa, nothing better than hosing a bunch of bay stages with a rifle to get the blood flowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:13 PM, wixthedog said:

I'll be in Talladega and maybe Tulsa, nothing better than hosing a bunch of bay stages with a rifle to get the blood flowing.

 

A full two days of my favorite part of a bay stage? Couldn't agree more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run a Vortex Razor 1-6 and I took my zero down from a 200yd to a 25yd for the last similar match and it worked well.   Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be a great series.  Looking forward to it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:29 PM, wixthedog said:

I run a Vortex Razor 1-6 and I took my zero down from a 200yd to a 25yd for the last similar match and it worked well.   Fingers crossed.

I didn't shoot it last year, what was the farthest target on the coarse in Talladega. Poppers/Plateracks etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t shoot last year either!  SMD posted that the longest target array is around 80 yards though. 

 

Now, where is my rain gear??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hoping one of you guys would tell us how the match was, maybe post some youtube links.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Longest target was plate rack around 40 or so...

It was a USPSA match with rifles. Dots were perfectly competitive with everything else; no magnification required at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, The Donald said:

Was hoping one of you guys would tell us how the match was, maybe post some youtube links.

 

 

Ill upload some stuff to YT later if youd like. I have some stuff on my IG @dk3gun if you want to check out some of the stages.

 

It was a very fun match. USPSA with rifles basically. 40-50 was the longest target.

 

If you had good footwork and positional ability, you would do very good on the stages.

 

One stage killed my overall, as its USPSA hit factor scoring.

 

VIR should have some distance I think, so I'm excited for that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to make the VIR match. Shot a USPSA match there a few weeks ago. Fantastic match! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dkamps said:

Ill upload some stuff to YT later if youd like. I have some stuff on my IG @dk3gun if you want to check out some of the stages.

 

It was a very fun match. USPSA with rifles basically. 40-50 was the longest target.

 

If you had good footwork and positional ability, you would do very good on the stages.

 

One stage killed my overall, as its USPSA hit factor scoring.

 

VIR should have some distance I think, so I'm excited for that!

I've thought of going up to the Tulsa match. I regularly shoot 3 gun out to 500 yds.

How many stages was it? Reseting go real well?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Donald said:

I've thought of going up to the Tulsa match. I regularly shoot 3 gun out to 500 yds.

How many stages was it? Reseting go real well?

 

 

It was 10 stages.

 

took ~45 min for a squad of 12 to shoot a stage.

 

Resetting was much smoother than I thought it would be since all hits had to be scored. It was pretty efficient once you got in sync with the tablet holder.

 

I am excited to shoot it again at VIR. It was worth the travel for me to Talladega.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We had a great time at the match and hope to make Tulsa if my schedule allows.  As those above me stated there was no need for magnification at all and it was all about foot work and shot placement.  The CMP range is a first class facility and even after a week of rain there was no mud to be found.

 

There was a good pool of very talented shooters.  Reset went well and stage times were minimal once everybody got in the groove.

 

Would I drive 10.5 hours each way to shoot it again?  Sure, why not.

Edited by wixthedog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...