Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Mag issues after modifications

Bangaaraaang

Hi,

I got a CZ S2 as my competition gun beside a H&K for home defence and I am loving it. After the first 500 rounds I tuned it a bit, now it is even more awesome!

Modifications I did: competition hammer, pre-b disconnector, 13# recoil spring, 11# main spring, extended firing pin, reduced power firing pin / trigger / sear spring and lots of polishing leading to a 8 lb DA trigger weight and 2 3/4 lb SA pull without any creep and a 1mm reset. The hardest part was fitting the disconnector as it was oversized in some places but I made it to work properly.

The only downside is that after the modifications the magazine won't slide all the way in anymore when the hammer is in decocked position, because the disconnector seems to be longer than the original one and juts out a tiny bit over the edge of the frame which is blocking the mag the last few cm. Are there any suggestions to solve this issue apart from filing down the long side on the head of the disconnector? Thanks for that.

BR Bang

CZ_S2-2.jpg

Edited by Bangaaraaang

I’m not sure if the preB disco is the correct one to install for the Shadow 2. I bought the T5 disco from CGW and that’s what I installed on mine. It only required very minor fitting and after it was installed, everything worked perfectly.

4 minutes ago, George16 said:

I’m not sure if the preB disco is the correct one to install for the Shadow 2. I bought the T5 disco from CGW and that’s what I installed on mine. It only required very minor fitting and after it was installed, everything worked perfectly.

That was my initial plan, unfortunately I had to choose another option because I can't get CGW parts in Europe. I was in contact with CGW, some trade restrictions so no CGW parts installed at all.

9 hours ago, Bangaaraaang said:

That was my initial plan, unfortunately I had to choose another option because I can't get CGW parts in Europe. I was in contact with CGW, some trade restrictions so no CGW parts installed at all.

Email them again. I think they already have a distributor over there.

7 hours ago, George16 said:

Email them again. I think they already have a distributor over there.

I have and they have, indeed. It would cost 121$ to ship this tiny part to Europe. I just don't think the cost-benefit calculation would be positive given the fact that I might be able to work on the given disconnector and fix it.

8 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Can you post any pictures? Like with the slide off looking down into the gun, mag in and mag out.

8 hours ago, Matt1 said:

The preB disco is fine. I have it in both of my guns. Check that that you’ve installed it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/7/2019 at 5:26 PM, eerw said:

Pre B disco should install fine. install many many many with no issues, especially to mag insertion.

Interesting, so you never had this issue of the disconnector sticking out too much when decocked?
Thank you all for the replies.

disco2.jpg

disco1.jpg

i have two different discos in three guns, i will go look at mine now.

edit: i just checked. neither in my one sp01 or in two shadow 2 guns does my disconnector go forward of the frame at that point with the gun fully hammer forward.

personally i would just mill off that (as it sits in the gun) anterior aspect as it isn't doing anything.

Edited by rowdyb