Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bobby Carver Glock 17

Adrenaline

I just wanted to give credit to Carver Custom and everyone who makes Bobby's business possible. I shoot Glock, always will. When I recently went Open and chose Bobby's gear it was an easy decision. Shoots nicer and flatter than my buddies Czechmate. It's about the operator for sure 100%, in my opinion it all starts with what makes you confident enough to train and practice.

Heres mine.

Carver Custom magwell, 4 port comp, angle mount for I like them better than the upright mount, many hours of conversation with Bobby acquiring his opinion and knowledge on what works best gave me this gun here. I run a kkm barrel and 7.8 gr gives me about 172 PF. I have tested all the way up to 187 PF and could of kept going for there were no signs of pressure using federal primers, but needed to up the recoil spring if I were to continue. I settled with a 15lb wolff recoil spring and wolff uncaptured guide rod. I do use a johnny glock trigger, I have a prototype that is strictly business in competition. 2 lb break with all safeties in tact and full striker/cruciform engagement. If you like running your glock in competition, try Carver Custom on for size for it will be your first and last choice. It was for me anyways!

Screenshot_20190206-170039_Gallery.jpg

I've practiced and shot with it probably around 5k rounds since I got it running this last month. Wears the same if not less than a factory glock. Shooting major+compensator doing its job well=a very flat non violent recoiling competition gun. I dont know where people get the issues with "major is too much for a polymer frame pistil." That simply isn't the case as long as the gun is built correctly ran with the right spring weight, good barrel and comp that actually work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 7:16 PM, Adrenaline said:

I just wanted to give credit to Carver Custom and everyone who makes Bobby's business possible. I shoot Glock, always will. When I recently went Open and chose Bobby's gear it was an easy decision. Shoots nicer and flatter than my buddies Czechmate. It's about the operator for sure 100%, in my opinion it all starts with what makes you confident enough to train and practice.

Heres mine.

Carver Custom magwell, 4 port comp, angle mount for I like them better than the upright mount, many hours of conversation with Bobby acquiring his opinion and knowledge on what works best gave me this gun here. I run a kkm barrel and 7.8 gr gives me about 172 PF. I have tested all the way up to 187 PF and could of kept going for there were no signs of pressure using federal primers, but needed to up the recoil spring if I were to continue. I settled with a 15lb wolff recoil spring and wolff uncaptured guide rod. I do use a johnny glock trigger, I have a prototype that is strictly business in competition. 2 lb break with all safeties in tact and full striker/cruciform engagement. If you like running your glock in competition, try Carver Custom on for size for it will be your first and last choice. It was for me anyways!

Screenshot_20190206-170039_Gallery.jpg

Got any video of it yet?