Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Giving up on Agency FSS Trigger kit

Salsantini

4 hours ago, WhiteDingo said:

Except his trigger is already bottomed out on the frame, so closing the loop any further will prevent the gun from going off at all, unless I mis-read.

Definitely correct.

The only other viable modification I can think of at this point would be to weld the tab atop the trigger bar and extend it so that it lifts the striker block sooner.

But when you’re having to modify drop safeties to get the gun to work? I think the OP is on the right course switching to a combination of parts known to produce a safe firearm with a good crisp trigger. 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 9:52 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Definitely correct.

The only other viable modification I can think of at this point would be to weld the tab atop the trigger bar and extend it so that it lifts the striker block sooner.

But when you’re having to modify drop safeties to get the gun to work? I think the OP is on the right course switching to a combination of parts known to produce a safe firearm with a good crisp trigger. 👍

I thought about welding the part of the trigger bar that engages the striker block.  Decided it is not to go that route.  With the standard Apex sear the pistol no longer has light strikes.  Trigger has a clean release.  As MemphisMechanic stated is better to have a safe firearm with a good trigger.

• 2 weeks later...