Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Legal Lim Pro...just barely

BigAm

I think I nailed this one on the head...

I do need to find a more accurate scale, but the PD light weight guide rod made a huge difference...and my LOK extra thick grips are pushing me back up again.

Oh well...

I cant think of anywhere else to cut to get it more within the weight limit without making a few drill press marks on the inside of the grip panels. What say y'all?

IMG_1303.jpg

1 hour ago, philippshen said:

What is the weight of your grips? I am using SSI grips, and it gives me plenty of room left.

Im not sure...but they are pretty heavy. They have an extra .080" added to them to make them as thick as the wood grips...so that is probably whats keeping it on the fat side.

Just now, BigAm said:

Im not sure...but they are pretty heavy. They have an extra .080" added to them to make them as thick as the wood grips...so that is probably whats keeping it on the fat side.

It must be cumbersome😂. The reason why I asked was that I am also running with a henning basepad with my setup, and still managed under 43 oz limit.

21 minutes ago, philippshen said:

It must be cumbersome😂. The reason why I asked was that I am also running with a henning basepad with my setup, and still managed under 43 oz limit.

Yeah I would like to get mine to where I can use my shock bottle base pads as well! We will see. Im thinking if I relief cut some spots on mine i'll get to where I have a little more wiggle room. I dont want to change the grips out since they are the same ones I use on my USPSA rig as well.

11 minutes ago, BigAm said:

Yeah I would like to get mine to where I can use my shock bottle base pads as well! We will see. Im thinking if I relief cut some spots on mine i'll get to where I have a little more wiggle room. I dont want to change the grips out since they are the same ones I use on my USPSA rig as well.

Good luck with that😁, you will need to remove a lot of materials there.

I've got mine under weight with Henning grips, Henning basepads and most importantly the PD light-weight guide rod.  However I also only have a safety on 1 side.

Other ways to save weight:

Swap the super sight out with a fixed rear

Take off the right side safety

7 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

I've got mine under weight with Henning grips, Henning basepads and most importantly the PD light-weight guide rod.  However I also only have a safety on 1 side.

Other ways to save weight:

Swap the super sight out with a fixed rear

Take off the right side safety

3 hours ago, philippshen said:

I think you can also use Unica safety to save some weight, just a little bit😁

I already have a one sided safety, and it is a unica safety! I added a titan hammer which add a little weight. As long as I can keep it under weight i'll be ok if I doesnt have the shockbottle base pads on it.

Thank you for the advice though!

3 hours ago, BigAm said:

I already have a one sided safety, and it is a unica safety! I added a titan hammer which add a little weight. As long as I can keep it under weight i'll be ok if I doesnt have the shockbottle base pads on it.

Thank you for the advice though!

Wow maybe the new Lim Pros are heavier than the older ones, because with what you have done to your Lim Pro you should comfortably be below the 43 oz weight limit.

7 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

Wow maybe the new Lim Pros are heavier than the older ones, because with what you have done to your Lim Pro you should comfortably be below the 43 oz weight limit.

Not gonna lie...this thing does feel heavy as hell. I think I might just have a slightly heavier one or something. But hey...could be worse!

On 2/6/2019 at 11:46 PM, Polymer said:

Did you bevel/open up the internal magwell? Is that allowed in idpa? Haha

I don’t know the rules for IDPA but this is where I cut a lot of weight from my Stock 2 for USPSA Carry Optics. 

You can also use a plastic CZ75 guide rod instead of the PD one if you run out of places to cut weight.