Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig max 1911 adjustable sight set screw questions

Magictalent

Hi I bring my Mag 1911 out last weekend and try to zero it.

I shot 200 round with it and not able to get it shot where I want to hit. I were thinking I am just not good with a heavy trigger.

Go home, spend some time to work the trigger, get it down to 2.7 lb and feel good.

Go out shoot another 200 rounds, little better but still not able to group impacts 10 yard out. I am not a good shooter, but hit 8 inches group at 25 yard is nothing difficult to me. Now I can't even get 8 inches grouping at 15 yards....... Next, I think my ammo have issue, but they shoot 4 inches group with my CZ TSO....... 

At the end I found a set screw is loss, and the rare sight can be move left and right. (not move in the dovetail, but the rare sight plate move left and right and not lock in place)  All my other 1911 do not have that set screw, and I have no idea what it will do.

Anyone can help me under stand what it is for?

I also find that the front sight was not centered from Sig. Some mention sig front sight can be loss easy, better loctite it down.

Any recommendation with the front sight?

Thank you very much.

IMG_20190204_093750.jpg

Edited by Magictalent

I had the same issue when I first got my Sig max. That set screw locks the elevation adjustment screw on the top of the sight. If the set screw is loose, the elevation adjustment screw can and will turn while firing. Sight the gun in again and lock down tight that set screw. Add a little blue locktite if it will not stay. I tightened mine down considerably without locktite and it has been fine since.

T

3 hours ago, dthomas1003 said:

I had the same issue when I first got my Sig max. That set screw locks the elevation adjustment screw on the top of the sight. If the set screw is loose, the elevation adjustment screw can and will turn while firing. Sight the gun in again and lock down tight that set screw. Add a little blue locktite if it will not stay. I tightened mine down considerably without locktite and it has been fine since.

Thank you very much!

I will try to zero it this weekend again then.

May I ask you one more question. The gun eject rounds no problem, but the patent is not what i like. Some fly up and drop on my head.

Due to this gun have a external extractor, do I tune the ejector same way like a gun with an internal  extractor?

Thanks again.

Jim

Edited by Magictalent