Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Diamond Back DB9RB question

Hi. 

I started shooting PCC this year and love it.  I have purchased a new DB9 RB AR rifle and it works great.  Dropped in a new Timney Trigger and it runs like a champ.  This weekend was a PCC points match and I have figured out that I cannot reload quickly do to the small Mag well.  Does anybody know if there is a enlarged Magazine well for the Diamond Back PCC?   Thanks for your help. 

Paul 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:28 PM, MrBean said:

Hi. 

I started shooting PCC this year and love it.  I have purchased a new DB9 RB AR rifle and it works great.  Dropped in a new Timney Trigger and it runs like a champ.  This weekend was a PCC points match and I have figured out that I cannot reload quickly do to the small Mag well.  Does anybody know if there is a enlarged Magazine well for the Diamond Back PCC?   Thanks for your help. 

Paul 

I had been working with BMILLER here to get one made for the GUN. I had sent him precise measurements and pics and he was just not able to get one done or it appears to have the time to work on developing a magwell for such a SMALL MINORITY (me alone till you popped up here!) to make it worth his while to go to all the work in R&D for a one off.

I love my Diamondback. I have yet to find a magwell that even looks close to fitting the gun.

I will say this, IF you practice enough doing reloads you DON'T need a magwell. I have had 2 of the GM PCC shooters here in the ATL say that I do the fastest reload they have seen for a gun WITHOUT a magwell. 

5 minutes ago, Bill H said:

Titan Rockets said he would do it if he had good measurements. 

do you have contact information for them? I think I still have all the pics with the caliper measurements in my phone I can send to them.

Bill and M.  Thanks very much for the information.  if you end up getting the Mag well built or quoted, let  me know the price.  I would probably add on to your order.  but since this is a one off, we are probably talking CNC.  BTW.. Bill, can you provide more information on the bolt limiter you are talking about?  I notice this slams pretty hard back and one of my buddies said to change to an AR 308 spring to lessen the impact. 

Thanks. 

I put a Spikes Tactical buffer in mine which is a bit longer and heavier.  You can also just stack quarters in the tube until it will travel just far enough to lock back . Someone sells a delrin or some type of synthetic spacer for like $3 dollars but I can't  remember who. Someone will probably  join in with that info. The quarters will work till you do something else. The 308 spring seems to make it work a bit nicer but still needs to be limited.