Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
zzt

Who runs 95~100 PF loads in their PCC

And what PCC are you using?

Let me clarify.  I'm talking about PF out of the carbine.

Edited by zzt

Lightest PF I've run is 109 and that's with the Atlanta Arms Steel Challenge load. I've shot it through a JP, Lead Star and Ruger PC Carbine.  

I run some 98gr Eggleston coated bullets at just over 1025 fps (approx  101 PF) through a PSA AR-9 16" barrel. 

It has a standard .223 carbine buffer (4.3 oz?) + carbine spring and 15.2 oz bolt.

F, that should be a powder puff load with little recoil.

I have been running some 95 gr Ibejihead bullets through my Gen II MPX at 93 PF. The only changes I have made to the gun is a NLA charging handle and a Hiperfire Eclipse trigger.

Asking for trouble with the light loads, if your not careful they won’t make it out of the barrel and they will stack up inside. It’s much safer to run PF and tune your buffer . 

I routinely run 100gr lead RN projectiles at exactly 100pf through my Carbine. It is my go to load for Steel Challenge!

4f3965019449cf4d925dc861ad3737fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I accidentally made some 110 pf load using 4.2 gr of tg under a eggleston 98. Went bang and cycled the action for the whole 50 rounds I made.