Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rocky Mtn 3 Gun Proposals

My comments/thoughts on RM3G rules and shooter recognition ...

- Eliminate Open Class (opposition to this has been strong from moment we mentioned it). The answer in the parens is the answer ... NO CHANGE

- Eliminate Tactical-Iron Sub-Class (we only had 22 this year). Tactical Iron and Tactical Scoped must be recognized separate Tactical divisions ... That's THE way to go for RM3G.

- Add Tactical/Iron Category (like lady's, military, senior, etc.) Making a Division a Category in the USPSA sense will neuter the Divison making it impossible to recognize the performances of the real categories like junior, lady's, military, senior, etc.).

- Allow any single optic in He-Man Class (the single most requested change request that we get from shooters). MUST HAVE HE-MAN IRON and SCOPED Divisions.

- Add He-Man/Iron Category-- Making a Division a Category in the USPSA sense will neuter the Divison making it impossible to recognize the performances of the real categories like junior, lady's, military, senior, etc.).

- Allow bi-bods on Tactical and He-Man rifles -- I think it might be an interesting 1 year provisional change in the existing rules to see how many folks actually use them in these two Divisions at the RM3G.

- Require power factor or bullet weight minimums for He-Man (140 grain rifle and 200 (or 230) grain pistol) -- if the RM3G management and staff want to go to the trouble of policing He-man power factors then so be it. I recommend 320 PF for major and 150 minimum to get any score. If they don't make major they shoot in Tactical, if they make minimum.

- Require handgun to be worn on all stages -- Sounds like a nice practical challenge at first, but I think Kurt Miller has got it nailed ... the answer is NO .. safety first.

- Require slings on rifles -- once again, Kurt M. nailed it, use them when you want to.

- Eliminate shotgun barrel and magazine tube length restrictions (but retain 9 round max at start) -- anyone who can manage a barrel longer than the current rule of 22 inches for Tactical/Limited/he-man whilst limited to just 9 rounds is welcome to do so in my book. easier just to to leave the rule as is.

Matt Burkett ..."We could always just include the price of a trophy in everybody's entry fee then all divisions, special categories, etc. would be covered." Matt is being just a little sarcastic in the quote above, but I think he has touched upon a note that is very important to our sport ... RECOGNITION. I truely believe that the RM3G does not have to buy an expensive trophy/plaque to provide recognition to all the various categories of shooters who enter the various existing or proposed new Divisions. Yes, if there are 5 or more shooters in a category then a trophy should be awarded, but for that single person in a category, be it a Junior or Lady or Super Senior a simple Certificate can be printed out on a laser printer for few cents at most to RECOGNIZE the fact that they were there and they were the best in their category. It just makes good sense if you think about it ...

Let's keep working to make the RM3G better and better ....

Best to all,

Darrell Humphrey,

Colorado

Edited by Boulderado

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in He-man you could shoot a scooped rifle with a bi-pod, a 10 shot .45 pistol and a pump shotgun with an unlimited length tube. Sounds, well I don’t know.

There were 30 He-man shooters and this number is going up every year. I don’t know how many will stop shooting because optics and bi-pods aren’t added?

Mell Kuhn

Kansas