Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
gunner01

Secondary optic on PCC for USPSA

Secondary optic on PCC for USPSA  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you use for a secondary optic on your PCC for USPSA?

Edited by gunner01

cmr206 

Edited by Bwillis

Voted "Other" since I have both.

On my main match guns, I have CMR-206 lasers mounted forward of C-more Railways and Burris FF3 dots at 45 degrees.

With the FF3 dots I experimented a bit.  I tried using a large dot for shooting around semi-hard leans and I tried using the small dot for longer distance plates (the ones that the 6 MOA C-more completely covered).

I see the poll was reset so my new vote is "both laser and offset dot".

Edited by Flatland Shooter

22 minutes ago, gunner01 said:

What do you use for a secondary optic on your PCC for USPSA?

Hard leans, simply tilt gun and look through offset. 

Those that have both the laser and the offset microdot with a reflex sight, can you post pics? Bonus points if its a GMR15. With the HS510, I have really limited real estate up top so I'm thinking the laser might need to be mounted on the top of my smoke hand guard using an MLOK to pic rail adapter and a riser.

Edited by ABQautoxer

I have a Crimson Trace Rail Master with green laser on my JP GMR-15.  I have used it in several matches and it has been very useful on very close targets and hard leans.

For very hard hard leans nothing beats a laser.  You can simply hold the gun out and around and see the dot on the target and fire.

I've run a laser @ 12:00 and recently tried an offset @ 35*. While in practice I can pick up the dot on leans, I have yet to come across a situation in a match where I found it faster than the laser.

I'm contemplating ditching it to save the weight/peripheral field of vision. 

11 hours ago, ABQautoxer said:

Those that have both the laser and the offset microdot with a reflex sight, can you post pics? Bonus points if its a GMR15. With the HS510, I have really limited real estate up top so I'm thinking the laser might need to be mounted on the top of my smoke hand guard using an MLOK to pic rail adapter and a riser.

You won't want a riser for the laser, because then it will be in the way of your reg optic.

Just mount it low as you can, and hopefully you will be able to look right over it. 

20181124_193858.jpg

I run a laser in the offset position behind my Holosun. 

I'm considering moving to the front of the gun, but on the side of the rail vs. the top.  Thinking this could be useful for shooting through skinny ports where hold overs can get dicey

Hello: Put the laser at the front and at 45 degrees so when you need a hard lean with your weak hand it is not covered by your front hand. Thanks, Eric

3 hours ago, Startingover said:

You won't want a riser for the laser, because then it will be in the way of your reg optic.

Just mount it low as you can, and hopefully you will be able to look right over it. 

20181124_193858.jpg

Plus the closer you can get an optic to the bore it reduces holdovers/unders.  It would be cool if the laser could mount in the space between the barrel and handguard.  Low to the bore and protected and leave your sight lines completely unobstructed.  Maybe this will be possible with one more generation of miniaturization?

The riser idea was to clear my thumb that wraps over the top of the hand guard. I like your placement but i wonder how much in view that is through the sight. I'll be experimenting this week as the parts arrive to try a few locations. Thanks for the advice and pics.

3 hours ago, ABQautoxer said:

The riser idea was to clear my thumb that wraps over the top of the hand guard. I like your placement but i wonder how much in view that is through the sight. I'll be experimenting this week as the parts arrive to try a few locations. Thanks for the advice and pics.

On mine, I cant even see it.

Vortex razor on a strike kind. Rex riser

This is how I have my laser now, untested other than dry fire. I can lower it to the HG tomorrow to copy you.

C569BF00-8309-484E-9B28-BE5939E14CDB.jpeg

On 2/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, longbeard said:

I run a laser in the offset position behind my Holosun. 

I'm considering moving to the front of the gun, but on the side of the rail vs. the top.  Thinking this could be useful for shooting through skinny ports where hold overs can get dicey

Using a Holosun 510c for my main optic...  Thinking about adding a laser using the TruGlo 45 degree mount...  Which mount did you use?

I have a Taccom carbon fiber hand guard, so mounting anything on the handguard is a no go for me.

27 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Using a Holosun 510c for my main optic...  Thinking about adding a laser using the TruGlo 45 degree mount...  Which mount did you use?

I have a Taccom carbon fiber hand guard, so mounting anything on the handguard is a no go for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RSMZGC0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works well with a little loctite.  Only complaint is unloaded starts I sometimes gouge a finger on the set screw.

9 minutes ago, longbeard said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RSMZGC0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works well with a little loctite.  Only complaint is unloaded starts I sometimes gouge a finger on the set screw.

Thanks for the info...

https://www.amazon.com/TRUGLO-Offset-Picatinny-Scopes-Optics/dp/B01N1X5JZL/

The Truglo offset mount looks a little skinnier on the side...  no big knob...  Maybe less likely to bang your hands on...  Still thinking...  The laser is the expensive part...  Good tip on the Loctite...  I always use Blue Loctite 243 on sight mounts...

I use a vortex venom on a warne offset mount. Takes about a day of dryfire practice to be proficient in indexing the dot quick. I don't use it often but when I do, I def save some time.