Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laser on PCC for USPSA

Laser on PCC  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What distance do you sight in your laser for USPSA?

• 5 yd
    • 7 yd
    • 10 yd
    • >10 yd

I paid for not having the laser moved to the JP yesterday. POI/POA intersecting at 7yds would have been perfect and would have helped with a weird wall gap for a left hand lean (I'm right handed). Would have been a quick lean and shoot with a laser, instead it ended up being off hand shots that ate time.

39 minutes ago, ABQautoxer said:

I paid for not having the laser moved to the JP yesterday. POI/POA intersecting at 7yds would have been perfect and would have helped with a weird wall gap for a left hand lean (I'm right handed). Would have been a quick lean and shoot with a laser, instead it ended up being off hand shots that ate time.

Sometimes for really hard close leans I think the laser is best because you can’t always get right behind an offset sight. 

1 hour ago, ABQautoxer said:

I'm planning to put my laser on my JP. Original thought was use the bottom of the hand guard. An reason not to? Side or top better?

My primary sight is a C-more Railway.  The CMR -206 is mounted just forward of the C-More.  Though I sometimes take it off to lighten the load, I also run a Burris FF3 at 45 degrees.

With the laser on top, its easy to activate the laser's switch with my weak hand thumb while grasping the handguard and its in a bit of a protected area should I get wild around walls on hard leans.

All are sighted in at 17 yards (a carryover from my Open days).