Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laser on PCC for USPSA

Laser on PCC  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I paid for not having the laser moved to the JP yesterday. POI/POA intersecting at 7yds would have been perfect and would have helped with a weird wall gap for a left hand lean (I'm right handed). Would have been a quick lean and shoot with a laser, instead it ended up being off hand shots that ate time.

39 minutes ago, ABQautoxer said:

I paid for not having the laser moved to the JP yesterday. POI/POA intersecting at 7yds would have been perfect and would have helped with a weird wall gap for a left hand lean (I'm right handed). Would have been a quick lean and shoot with a laser, instead it ended up being off hand shots that ate time.

Sometimes for really hard close leans I think the laser is best because you can’t always get right behind an offset sight. 

1 hour ago, ABQautoxer said:

I'm planning to put my laser on my JP. Original thought was use the bottom of the hand guard. An reason not to? Side or top better?

My primary sight is a C-more Railway.  The CMR -206 is mounted just forward of the C-More.  Though I sometimes take it off to lighten the load, I also run a Burris FF3 at 45 degrees.

With the laser on top, its easy to activate the laser's switch with my weak hand thumb while grasping the handguard and its in a bit of a protected area should I get wild around walls on hard leans.

All are sighted in at 17 yards (a carryover from my Open days).