Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning cmor lense from comp gas.

Adrenaline

I run an angle mount and get carbon build up so when I clean the carbon is hard to remove from the lense. So I've read hoppes 9 or gunslick foaming bore cleaner meant to remove carbon. I have the foaming bore cleaner and it works after a couple applications with a q tip then I windex it. No issues so far but is hoppes or gunslick foaming bore cleaner hard on the cmore lense?

I use Griots Garage fine glass polish....then old fashioned Glass Wax as a protectorate.

Hoppes wouldn’t touch cleaning my glass. I use the Zeiss cleaning pads as maintenance.

Jack...exactly where do you use Slide Glide on your pistol......has been to cold here to experiment 

Thanks!!!

I use a clean cotton cloth during practice and matches, then Windex at home for cleaning sessions, with a Qtip around the edges (RTS2).  The trick is to not let it build up.  Also a micro Qtip with 90% alcohol on the laser lens, each cleaning session.  My powders include AA7, HS6, and 3n38.