Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Critique my El prez..

Adrenaline

18 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I would also practice it right to left. You can also try left to right then right to left for the second pass. Thanks, Eric

I was going to mention the same thing.  Since you shoot the first string left to right, why transition all the way back to the left when you can save time by shooting it right to left after the reload.

2 hours ago, stick said:

I was going to mention the same thing.  Since you shoot the first string left to right, why transition all the way back to the left when you can save time by shooting it right to left after the reload.

Because that’s the correct way in doing the El Prez according to this:

“El Prez:

STAGE PROCEDURE
Upon start signal, turn then draw and from Box A engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target, then perform a mandatory reload and from Box A engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target.”

I have seen many competitors do it like the way you described it but if you read the stage procedure, it actually tells the shooter to do it T1-T3, reload, then shoot T1-T3 again.

“El Prez:
STAGE PROCEDURE
Upon start signal, turn then draw and from Box A engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target, then perform a mandatory reload and from Box A engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target.”

I have seen many competitors do it like the way you described it but if you read the stage procedure, it actually tells the shooter to do it T1-T3, reload, then shoot T1-T3 again.

A lot of stages are written in that manner. Doesn’t mean there is a specific target order to shoot them. It is just indicating that all targets must be shot both before and after the reload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, George16 said:

“El Prez:

STAGE PROCEDURE

Sorry no. They can be shot in any order. It’s common to shoot LR RELOAD RL.

51 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Sorry no. They can be shot in any order. It’s common to shoot LR RELOAD RL.

This is eaxactly what I mean. Too many interpretations when it’s clear in the diagram which is T1, T2 and T3.

If you read and look at the diagram wherein it shows the exact specs of the classifier, it shows T1-T3 from left to right. If you shot the left target first, that becomes T1 and the right target becomes T3. So after doing the reload, you technically have to shoot the left target first s because  that became your T1 when you started the classifier.

Whats the point of having diagrams if we don’t adhere to them exactly as illustrated? What if I put the box in front of the left target instead of the middle target as shown in the illustration? Would that be okay? 

3 minutes ago, George16 said:

This is eaxactly what I mean. Too many interpretations when it’s clear in the diagram which is T1, T2 and T3.

If you read and look at the diagram wherein it shows the exact specs of the classifier, it shows T1-T3 from left to right. If you shot the left target first, that becomes T1 and the right target becomes T3. So after doing the reload, you technically have to shoot the left target first s because  that became your T1 when you started the classifier.

No.